How much can I downsize from 525 uhp so I don't have to have a lift? (Photo)

My BA was May 5th. My uhp inspiras (525 cc,12.75 cm diam, 6.2 cm proj) are too big &heavy for my frame, which caused malposition. How much can I downsize so I don't need a lift? I was A cup before the BA. Can I change to high profile? Uhp looks very bad on me when Im standing. Secretly, I dream of a more natural breast shape. Are anatomical an easy option after UHP or are HP safer? Heartfelt thanks for your suggestions.

How can I change my breast implants to make my breasts more natural?

Your breasts are very asymmetric with nipples different and bottoming out. Your breasts could be improved but not just by reducing their size. There are several things that can be done without you needing a larger uplift. 

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Downsizing implants

you can downsize your implants without a lift.  However, you may need the lower portion of the pocket closed off from the inside because your current implants have bottomed out.  You don't need a formal lift because your nipples are not too low.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

You can down size

You can down size by up to 200 cc and have improved breast appearance; this is because the implants that you have in are too large for you and are stretching out your inferior breast pole giving you breasts that look operated looking and unnatural. By downsizing and reinforcing your inframammary crease, you can re-establish naturally appearing breast appearance.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

You will likely be able to downsize 100-200cc without needing a lift but you will need pocket tightening (capsulorraphy).  Make an appointment with Board Certified Plastic Surgeons in your area that perform a lot of breast revision surgery. Best of luck to you

Milind K. Ambe, MD

No Lift Needed

Hello,You can downsize as much as you want and not need a lift. You will need an internal tightening of your capsule regardless of how far you downsize, though. Go visit a few ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons.Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

How much can I downsize from 525 uhp so I don't have to have a lift?

Since it has only been a couple of months since your breast augmentation you should be able to downsize to almost any desired size, especially if you did not require a lift prior to surgery. Anatomic of tear drop shaped implants are an option for revision. Based on your photos your revision will not be a straightforward implant exchange due to the malposition of your implants now. To improve the appearance of your breasts you will need capsullorrhaphy sutures to repair your pockets. Thank you for sharing your photos. Best wishes. Dr. Gregory Park

Gregory Park, MD

Downsizing Breast Implants

Thank you for your question about what can be done to help you downsize your breast implants.  I agree that your breasts do look uncomfortably large for your frame.  You should be able to downsize to a high profile implant without much difficulty, but the dimensions of the breast pockets will need to be adjusted with a pocket-tightening procedure.  This is known as a capsulorrhapy.  Much care should be taken to avoid a replacement implant which is wider than what you currenly have, as this could cause symmastia (appearance of one breast).    The size decrease should be well over 150 cc to make a worthwhile difference.   Take care and best wishes!   Dr. Bresnick

Stephen Bresnick, MD

Downsizing breast implants

Down-sizing breast implants to where you notice a difference cannot often be achieved by simply exchanging implants. You may be able to but your photos appear to show that your pockets are close together and any revision surgery would entail suturing the pocket to close the pockets to some degree . The implants are wide for your frame and you may develope synmastia. I would recommend you discuss your concerns with your surgeon or see a board-certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in revision surgery.I wish you wellDr. Edwards

I am sorry to hear about your concerns after breast augmentation surgery. Yes, you should be able to undergo downsizing of breast implants. Keep in mind as you are thinking about your goals that adjustment of the breast implant pockets (capsulorraphy) will likely be necessary to achieve the outcome you are looking for.   Whether or not the adjustment of the breast implant capsules will be necessary will mainly be dependent on your physical examination; specifically, factors such as the amount of redundant skin and quality of skin elasticity will be important.  Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering revisionary (downsizing) breast augmentation surgery is: 1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work. 2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "down a cup size” or "C or D cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate.  3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your chosen plastic surgeon to work with you in determining the best plan to achieve your goals. I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to revisionary breast surgery, specifically downsizing breast augmentation surgery concerns), helps. Best wishes.