Is breast redness after upsizing temporary?

I'm exactly 2 months after BA. I used to have 335 g implants, explanted and chose 525 cc. I am a small A cup naturally. What bothers me is vascularisation on my breast, mainly medial, the skin is reddish and looks irritated. I did some massaging, which could have contributed to it. Is skin irritation/pinkishness temporary or it's an apparent symptom of sth bad happening? Thank you.

Redness after breast implant surgery

Redness after implant surgery is always alarming to both the patient and surgeon. Most of the time it turns out to be nothing. However, I always put my patients on antibiotics, just to be sure.Make sure you see your PS asap to make sure everything is OK.Best wishes,Dr K

Post op breast augmentation

if you are concerned about redness on your breasts you should consult your plastic surgeon to determine if this is an infection, irritation, or lympangitis.

Susan Kaweski, MD

Breast redness after Implant exchange

Redness along the incision line would be common.  Redness along the medial part of the breast could be from your massaging.  The main thing to watch for is cellulitis or a skin infection.  In this case the redness would continue to extend and you might experience pain and some heat. Consult your PS if it doesn't get better.

Christopher Costanzo, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Without pain and swelling, your symptom is basically normal.

I would need to get more info to determine your symptom. However, basically, if you do not feel painful and no swellings, you would not have to worry as it will be subsided on it own after 6-12 months.

Breast redness after breast implant exchange

Hi Maggie,

Thanks for your question. It is hard to say exactly without a photograph. You have a couple of factors going on. IT may be aggressive massage, it may be an early infection as redness is an early sign or hyperemia or increased blood flow for the work that was done to expand the size of chest due to the increase implant size. The person that would know best is your surgeon. Go and speak with your plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Carlos Mata MD, MBA, FACS
@breastredness @breastaugmentation @docmata #drcarlosmata