Did Botox cause this? (Photo)

I have gotten Botox for years . I just noticed this in the last few months . I get Botox for frown lines, not in forehead. Three injections of 5 units between brows and 2.5 units above arch area. Last injections were in December.

Possible Botox side effects

Thanks for your question and we always recommend that you have your Botox injections in offices of board certified dermatologists or plastic surgeons as we know the most about the anatomy that you are concerned about and if there is a concern, how best to handle that concern. Thanks for including the photo as well. Botox, as you know, is great for relaxing certain muscles allowing for wrinkles to be treated by not being able to contract those muscles. Sometimes, other muscles will be recruited around that which gives an appearance that there are new lines or possibly, these have been there and are only becoming more noticeable at this time. A good examination will be able to determine if a little more Botox can help here or whether a filler, or some other procedure, such as laser treatments, would be the best option. Go to a proper provider and see what the best options are for you.

Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox - is this a Botox effect

Thank you for asking about your Botox.

• The lines over your outer brow may be a Botox side-effect but are more likely to be the effects of time.
  • It is a common site for over-activity -
  • The lines can be softened with a little Botox .
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Botox

Thank you for your question in regards to Botox. Botox will not cause a wrinkle to develop, it will paralyze the muscle to stop wrinkles from being formed. It is best to follow up with your injector to review before and after photos. To be sure, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment. I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Did Botox cause this?

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photographs. I see your area of concern and I do think that your Botox injection caused this appearance.  The injection over your arch caused one of the two muscles in this area to not work but the other one's movement is causing this arched appearance and wrinkle formation.  See your injector for a touch-up, it should be corrected with an additional injection. 

Botox and Forehead Wrinkles

It appears that you have wrinkles in your forehead that cannot be treated with Botox since they are too close to your eyebrow area.  I would consider using fillers or lasers such as Fraxel to help with these lines and textural problems.  Best, Dr. Green

Botox and forehead wrinkles

botox cannot cause wrinkles but can accentuate hollowness which you need this area to be filled and lasered.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Did Botox cause this?

If you are asking about the arch appearance or the Mr Spock result than YES poorly injected BOTOX caused this. Not the product but the injecting doctor!

Did Botox Cause Wrinkles Above Eye

It is unlikely that Botox caused the two horizontal wrinkles over your eye.  Botox is used to relax muscles and get rid of wrinkles caused by contraction of the muscles;  The two wrinkles over your eye are caused by the muscles of the forehead.  Botox injected to treat "goal post" wrinkles between your eyes has no effect on horizontal wrinkles on outside forehead over the eye.