Do I need a breast lift with my breast augmentation? (photos)

I had a consult, with an assistant, and she was sure I would need a breast lift in addition to my augmentation. Actually, she said I was borderline at first, confirmed with another employee (I didn't hear them talk), and said yes I did need a lift too. I don't have much to lift! I want high profile, and DD.

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question.  Based on your submitted photos you appear to be an excellent candidate for a breast lift with augmentation to produce beautiful overall results.  Schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to be further evaluated, discuss your surgical options, address your goals and work together to create a surgical plan that best helps you achieve your overall desired look.With kind regards,
Lane F. Smith, M.D., F.A.A.C.S., F.A.O.H.N.S., F.A.B.F.P.R.S.
  •  Tweet

Do I need a breast lift with my breast augmentation

Although you do not have a lot of breast tissue, I think reducing the skin and placing the nipple into a higher position at the time of your breast implant will give you a superior

Julio Garcia, MD

Breast Lift / Breast Augmentation/ Breast Implants/ Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants

I appreciate your question. From your photos, it appears that you would also benefit from a lift.  A breast lift would reposition your nipples and reshape your breasts, giving them a more youthful appearance.The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Lift with implants?

Thank you for your question.  What you do depends on what kind of result you are hoping for.  You say you want high profile and a DD.  Let's start with that.  The fact that you want a DD indicates that you want a substantial increase in the size of your breasts.  The problem is that after 25 years of doing this I still haven't figured out how to predict a post op cup size.  That is because there is so much variability between bra manufacturers.  A DD at Victoria's Secret may only be a D at Macy's. I have had patients come in wearing a VS DD bra with breasts that in my judgement look like "C" cups.  The best thing to do is use a sizing system like Mentors which will allow you to see how you would look in clothes with different sizes and then use a 3D imaging system to give you a good idea of what your breasts will look like with the size you like and not worry about the letter that ends up on your bra after surgery.  Once you have figured out what size you want then it is your surgeons job to figure out what profile of implant will best fit your anatomy in order to give you the best possible result.  That may or may not end up being a high profile.  It may be necessary to go to ultra high depending on the size you choose and the base dimensions of your breasts.   If the size you choose completely fills out the breast skin envelope then you may be able to get away without a lift but then you will have to accept the size of your areolae.  I would strongly discourage you from getting a "donut" lift in combination with a large implant because the odds are that you will end up looking like you never had the lift in the first place but with a wide scar around a stretched out areola.   Because of the size of your areolae it would be impossible to do a 'lollipop' lift in combination with a larger implant without ending up with areolar pigment on either side of the vertical scar.  So if you want a reduction in the diameter of your areolae then you will most likel need to do a staged procedure where you have the lift done first in order to reduce the size of the areolae and  elevate the nipples then come back several months later for your augmentation.   So, again, the procedure that is best for your will depend on the look you are trying to achieve and the size that you want. I hope this has been helpful.  

Lars Enevoldsen, MD
Modesto Plastic Surgeon

Do I need a breast lift with my breast augmentation?

Although, it may be possible to have a breast augmentation without a breast lift, I believe you will have a better and more aesthetically pleasing result with a lift, than with the augmentation alone.  The breasts will be "perkier" and the areolas could be reduced in size, as well.  Discuss these options further, with your surgeon.  Best wishes, Dr. Lepore.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question.  A breast lift (mastopexy) does more than lift the breasts and nipple position; it also can tighten the breast skin, make the breasts look perkier, reduce the areola size and improve symmetry.  If you wish to have all those things and achieve an optimal result, consider getting a lift in addition to your implants.  Good luck.

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

A lift is needed if you wish to diminish the size of your areola

but with the size implants you are considering, if you did not mind having large areola as you do, you could easily get by with just implants alone if you did not need perfectly perky breasts.

Curtis Wong, MD

Lift or not

Thank you for the question and photos and from them without an examination which is really needed, you would benefit from a circumareola mastopexy at the time of your augmentation.  So go on some complimentary consultations with experts in your area and become informed.
Dr. Corbin 

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Thank you for the question.The decision whether to perform a lift during augmentation surgery depends on an in person examination and measurements. A rough guide is whether the nipple sits below the crease under the breast. If the nipple is below the crease, then a lift is often recommended.Based on your photographs, it appears that you would benefit from a lift during your augmentation surgery.It sounds like you're having some questions regarding the advice of the assistant. I think it's important that you meet with the board certified plastic surgeon in person so that they can give you their advice. There's no substitute for having a good relationship with the surgeon.

Breast lift or not

There is no substitute for an in person exam but your photos show that the degree of laxity you have means your would need a breast lift with an augmentation.Dr. Edwards