Did I do wrong while washing my hair with pressure and doing massage with frictions? (photos)

I washed my hair gently first 10 days and got rid of all scabs. After 2nd week, my doctor suggested to wash my recipient area by applying pressure with my fingers. Also, I started doing massage to my recipient area sometimes (sort of friction moves). By the 4th week, 70pct of the new hairs were fallen. But, my scalp in front got red (my doctor said this is allergy). Do you think I have damaged the grafts, will they not grow? Do you think frictions have caused the allergy or redness on my scalp?

Did I do wrong while washing my hair with pressure and doing massage with frictions?

I don't believe you have damaged your hair as long as you washed gently after 10 days. It is natural for some of the new hairs shedding during washing. In fact it is good for this to occur. The redness in in the frontal scalp could be a number of things including infection, allergy or just normal post operative redness that may linger for a month or two. It would be best if you let a physician evaluate this situation for you. If it is infection you, may need antibiotics. If it is allergies, you may need topical steroids.More than likely it is lingering redness from the initial trauma of the surgery. 

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

There is no way to tell if you damaged your grafts. In general grafts are relatively secure after a week.

There is no way to tell if you damaged your grafts.  In general grafts are relatively secure after a week.  If you are concerned, contact your doctor.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

While washing my hair with pressure

no , doc is wrong! redness is normal because of trauma of HT..and frictions have not caused the allergy or redness on your scalp. you have not damaged the grafts by doing massage to your recipient area, dont worry  .

Ilhan Serdaroglu, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

While washing my hair with pressure

Ilhan Serdaroglu, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Graft shedding

Graft shedding is not uncommon for most patients and it happens in the time between 10-30 days after the procedure. That is what probably happened to you

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Graft shedding

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon