White musuc and blocked in one side of my nose?

I had rhinoplasty 5 weeks ago and this week I noticed a bad smell in my nose and I did try to clean it with a qtip gently as my doctor said, after that I got a pain in one side and today i saw white musuc inside the nose and it's blocked and throbbing I use sea water spary in my nose like 5 times a day is that normal? How can I treat it ?

5 weeks post op

Hi Beautifulnoseee.

Blocked nose and swelling are both normal during the early stages of healing (early weeks post-op) but bad smell, accompanied by pain, should always warrant further examination, to check for possible residual packing or possible infection. Blockage if it causes difficulty of breathing, should also be examined for any crusting that can be cleared out to ease your breathing.

Thailand Facial Plastic Surgeon

Post op infection?

Since cleaning it with a q-tip and the saline spray don't seemed to have improved your condition, I think it would be best to err on the side of caution and schedule an appointment with your surgeon to get the situation assessed in person. Hope this helps.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

1 month post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.

Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD