Pain, Swelling, Nipple Sensitivity After Breast Augmentation Surgery I am 61 years old.

I had small C cup breast implants placed 3 weeks ago. My nipples and the surrounding area are now very sore and feels a very painful, burning sensation. Are these normal post-procedure? What can I do to ease the condition? (POPPYTEETO U.K. 6 years ago)

Pain after breast augmentation

Thank you for your question. During the first few weeks following a breast augmentation, it is not uncommon to experience a burning sensation, pain or even numbness. Given that you are only three weeks out, I would not be concerned. However, it is always best to contact your surgeon if you are still unsure, or have additional questions. Good luck! 

Pain after augmentation

Thanks for your inquiry and yes it is not uncommon to have pain and burning around the nipple 3 weeks after surgery, but without an exam it is hard to advise if your symptoms are normal.