Dandruff and itch after 2 weeks of FUE hair transplant, what's wrong with my scalp? (Photos)

I had my second hair transplant 2 weeks ago, I started using Minoxidil spray in the first week then scalp got inflamed, I stopped it (should continue after a month), and started using antiseptic cream. Now I have sever itch due to dandruff and I am told to just clean my scalp very well. When I sent my last picture to my doctor (overseas), I was told to use antiseptic cream and antibiotics PO! (pic attached) Am I having folliculitis? is it related to the dandruff? what should I do?

If you have have dandruff and itchiness after surgery you may consider washing your hair more thoroughly

If you have have dandruff and itchiness after surgery you may consider washing your hair more thoroughly.  Go back to see your doctor and they may give you a hair wash and a better assessment.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

2 weeks after a hair transplant

The reason that you have the problems you are discussing is because the post op care is poor and the crusts which should have come off in the first day, are still there. Until the crusts are off, you may continue to have problems with itching

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Dandruff and itch after 2 weeks of FUE

Minoxidil spray in the first week is very early and wrong advice...dont use any antiseptic cream, because it worsen the situation ıf you can't clean well.First of all you dont have folliculitis and dont use any medication . I just advice you to clean the transplant area with massage and enough pressure to clean all scubs ..hot water compress also works well and stops small pimples.

Ilhan Serdaroglu, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Scabs and Dandruff

By now those scabs should be off, having them there is likely contributing to the issues you're having. That combined with Minodoxidil in the first week (especially since your scabs weren't off) likely created the problems you're having now. Your doctor should have explained how to get those scabs off within the first week: let shampoo sit for 5-10 minutes, rinse, let conditioner sit for 5-10 minutes, gently massage with fingers, rinse. If that isn't enough try baby oil.

Sean Behnam, MD
Santa Monica Hair Restoration Surgeon

2 weeks post op

Your doctors should have informed you about the washing techniques.18 days after your hair surgery if you still have such scabs it means that there is something important missing about the post operative informations.Please contact your surgeon soon as possible and use moisturiser cream 1 hour before every washing session daily.

All the best 

Ilker Apaydin, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon