I had calf implants three weeks ago and and now i have wound dehiscence on the edges. (photo)

I am afraid and don't know what to do please help.

Calf implants - incisions are separating

Thank you for asking about your calf implants.

• You need to return to see your surgeon.
  • It is possible that the separation is superficial and will heal.
  • But it is possible that it goes deep to the implants and they need to be removed.
  • The only person who can help you with this is a plastic surgeon who examines you.
  • I am very very sorry this has happened and hope it ends up being a superficial problem.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Open incisions

This is concerning.  You should return to your surgeon as soon as you can.  If the wound is a superficial opening, it could heal in secondarily but will take some time.  The concern is if the wound is opened up to the pocket where the implant lies.  The implant could become contaminated and need to be removed.

John McFate, MD