I am afraid and don't know what to do please help.
I had calf implants three weeks ago and and now i have wound dehiscence on the edges. (photo)
Doctor Answers 3
Calf implants - incisions are separating
Thank you for asking about your calf implants.
- You need to return to see your surgeon.
- It is possible that the separation is superficial and will heal.
- But it is possible that it goes deep to the implants and they need to be removed.
- The only person who can help you with this is a plastic surgeon who examines you.
- I am very very sorry this has happened and hope it ends up being a superficial problem.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
Wound problem after calf implants
If the implants get exposed to the exterior because of the wound breakdown, they are likely to get infected and will have to be removed. Therefore please see your surgeon urgently so that he/she can assess how deep the wound breakdown extends.
This is concerning. You should return to your surgeon as soon as you can. If the wound is a superficial opening, it could heal in secondarily but will take some time. The concern is if the wound is opened up to the pocket where the implant lies. The implant could become contaminated and need to be removed.
You might also like...
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.