Tummy tuck operation, liposuction or non-surgical treatments?

Hi, I'm 43 years old and have 2 children. My height is 170 cm and weight is 63 kg. I have been doing exercises for 3 years. However, still I have excess skin and fat under my navy above C/S scare. Could you please advice me which process should I get? Tummy tuck operation, liposuction, non-surgical treatments?

TT, Lipo or Non-Surgical

There are choices for all three of these options to both remove fat or loose skin from the abdomen. Excess fat or loose skin may require liposuction and skin excision to obtain the best result. 

Additional procedures that may enhance the result are Liposuction, Breast Procedures, or Thigh Lift. Mommy makeovers usually include multiple operations.  Brazilian “butt enhancement” can be done at the same time to provide best body contours. Arm reduction or brachiaplasty is also common. 

Now, while a surgeon is not necessarily the person to consult about non-surgical options, they are out there and you can do a little bit of research on the website with your local cosmetic procedure locations and hospitals.

Tummy Tuck

Thank you for your question. Its difficult to give exact recommendations without photos or an in person consultation. Generally speaking, a tummy tuck with liposuction is the best combination for patients in your situation. Often pregnancy causes muscle separation and loose skin. These cannot be addressed with exercise alone. You should see a board certified plastic surgeon for precise recommendations. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Option to choose

Thanks for your query. A pic would have helped.

All three of options on your list can work. It's to be decided on extent of skin excess, distribution of fat, tone of muscle, downtime needed for procedure, cost and expected results. There are advantages and trade offs for each method. Please meet a board certified plastic surgeon who can help you make the right informed choice. 

Finding the correct answer

Hello thank you for your question.  Without photos is hard to tell you an accurate answer.   But trying to imagine what you are telling us you may be a good candidate for a Tummy Tuck.   Look for a certified Plastic surgeon in your area for a correct treatment. 

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Post 2 children

no pictures or exam, but ir sure sounds like tummy tuck to me.......................................

Jonathan Saunders, MD
Newark Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck

Hi there Serdame,

Obviously without examining you it is impossible to give you accurate advice, however on the history you have given it is likely that you will require a tummy tuck.

My advice is to see a plastic surgeon who has experience in performing tummy tuck procedures.

Best wishes

Tummy tuck, liposuction or non-surgical treatments after 2 children and a C section

Thank you for asking about your tummy tuck.

Without photos, one can't be certain but after two children and a C-section, almost all women will require a tummy tuck. The reason for the tummy tuck is excess skin and stretched muscle - nothing but a tummy tuck can correct that.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Tummy tuck and liposuction

Thank you for your question. It is hard to say what would be best without seeing you. It sounds like you would benefit from both a tummy tuck and liposuction. After having 2 children you probably have muscle laxity and excess skin. I would recommend meeting with your board certified plastic surgeon to discuss the best options for you.

N. Bill Aydin, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck - Am I A Candidate?

Thank you for your question and photos. You appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck. The abdominal skin excision and muscle tightening could give you an excellent contour as well as improve the tone of the anterior abdominal wall. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination to discuss the specific details of the procedures. Ask to see before and after photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. Hope this helps!

Tummy tuck/lipo

Most post partum women benefit the most from a combined tummy tuck/liposuction procedure to address the fat, excess skin, and the muscle laxity.  This should give you your most defined shape and result.  Best wishes. 

Jules Walters, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon