PRP. Is it OK if I take only vitamins for 12 months? (Photo)

Hi everyone,I just did my FUE (4500 graft) 18 days ago,everything works good,my doctor did only 1 PRP for my hair.my question is,is it ok if I take only vitamins (Shen min / biotin 10,000 mcg) for 12 month,or I have to do more PRP ?! Thank you

Prp after a hair transplant

I am not a believer that PRP adds anything to a well done hair transplant so I never recommend it to my patients

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Finasteride is recommended

You are advised to take the medication “Finasteride” during your post- operative period, as it is more effective than other alternatives

Koray Erdogan, MD
Istanbul Hair Restoration Surgeon

PRP is not a requirement before or after surgery. If you are considering PRP it is best to discuss this with your doctor.

PRP is not a requirement before or after surgery.  If you are considering PRP it is best to discuss this with your doctor.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Baldev Sandhu MD

You should wait for three months to see if you have any benefit from the PRP.  If you see no benefits after three months repeat PRP. It is not likely to benefit you. 

Remember PRP is supposed to work on those hair follicles that are miniaturizing before complete hair loss. If patients do not have miniaturization visible on their photographs I generally do not offer them PRP. 

Thank You

Baldev Sandhu MD 

PRP Post Hair Transplant

Taking biotin can't hurt when you are experiencing hair loss.  PRP is great with a hair transplant as well as post transplant.  If budget/cost is not an issue, it won't hurt to do another PRP and could possibly help with graft growth and hair loss.

Amir Yazdan, MD
Irvine Hair Restoration Surgeon

Vitamins

I recommend following up with your surgeon who performed your procedure and your PRP for his/her recommendations about vitamins as well as when the next set of PRP treatments is advised.

Rae Lynne Kinler, MD
Chicago Physician