Hollow face, cheeks need recommendations. Any suggestions? (photos)

One year before I got my orthodontic treatment.i had a rounder face before, and after one year orthodontic treatment my face looks hollow ( on the buccal area) . Injection of fillers? Which one would be the choice than looks natural? Iam 33 years old. Thank you alot for your recommendation

Facial volume

Adding volume back to your face can be easily performed in an office by pulling fillers off the shelf OR a plastic surgeon might offer you a more permanent solution such as fat transfer. A consultation with a properly trained plastic surgeon will help you make the right decision for you.

Hollow face, cheeks need recommendations.

In my opinion, given your youth and the reliability of your skin elasticity, dermal fillers are the best choice. Voluma would be an excellent option. See the video for more details on Voluma injections for enhancement of the cheeks in a young woman.
Best wishes!  Harry V. Wright MD, Sarasota, Florida

Harry V. Wright, MD
Sarasota Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hollow face, cheeks need recommendations. Any suggestions?

Hi, I have performed facelifts for over 30 years and have performed many minimally, invasive type facelifts.  From the photos your cheeks are flat anteriorly (in the front), there is excess fat in the front and below the cheeks and jowls are present.  These factors combine to create a rectangular shaped face.  Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces.  Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front.  Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face.  I would combine liposuction to reduce the excess fat for further shaping of the cheeks.

"Jowls” these are sagging facial tissues and an indication for some form of a SMAS facelift.  The underlying SMAS layer, of the face, must be dissected, lifted, trimmed and re-sutured (not merely folded or suspended with threads or sutures that will not last).  The excess skin is then removed and the facelift incisions closed.

My most popular facelift is the minimally invasive, short incision facelift that has all the benefits of more invasive facelifts (traditional, mid-face, deep plane, cheek lift and subperiosteal facelifts) but with these added benefits:
  • very small incisions
  • minimal tissue dissection = less bruising and swelling = rapid recovery ( several days instead of weeks or months with the more invasive type facelifts mentioned)
  • can be performed in 90 minutes or less, with or without general anesthesia
  • no incisions within the hair = no hair loss
  • excess fat can be removed
  • excess skin removed
  • cheeks, chin and jaw line can be augmented with dermal fillers (I prefer Restylane Lyft) or facial implants
  • most patients fly back home to parts all over the world in as little as 3 days post-op
 I combine facial shaping with every facelift procedure.  When jowls are present, these should be done in concert and not alone or separately in order to create a naturally, more attractive face.

Hope this helps.