Hypertrophic scars?

Do you advice using kenalog creams for hipertrofic scars? or using just silicone sheets will relieve the scar? is there any possibility of a hipertrofic scar's transforming to keloid by time? Thank you in advance

Answers (2)

Scar Removal

Thank you for your question about scar removal.

You will want to use moisturizer, protective sunscreen, avoid prolonged exposure to the sun and scar massage. Silicone sheeting or Silicone Gel can be helpful.

I have included a web reference for scar care instructions for your review.

To be sure, see two or more experienced, board-certified Plastic Surgeons for a complete evaluation.

Treatment of hypertrophic scarring

Hypertrophic scars can be treated with a combination of approaches including medication, lasers, and occlusion.  Hypertrophic scars do not become keloids.  I would seek the advice of someone who is highly experienced in treatment of scarring for best outcomes.

Ask a Provider

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors.
FOR FREE.