How to achieve jawline definition when you're 23?

I have always had a square face, meaning I could never see my jawbones :) There's fat on my jaws and it makes my face look fat and droopy. It's genetic, I can see it on my grandma. Her jawlines are super droopy. I want a V-shaped face. Should I refer to Ultherapy, Termitight (?) or what? I guess these are usually for people whose skins are drooped due to aging. But mine isnt the case. What procedure do you suggest and why?

Ulthera® laser or Ultherapy® is the current gold standard treatment for non surgical lifting of the skin/fat/muscle (all soft tissue) of the face (especially the cheeks) and neck. 

Miami Dermatologist

Ultherapy not suited for your age

OK, firstly to achieve jawline definition we need to see the problem to give you the best advice possible. At your age of 23 Ultherapy will do very little, because your skin laxity is NOT an issue. Devices like Termitight, or even Themage will not be suitable. 

Definition is best achieved via fillers, Botox, and in some cases fat removal. Treatments are individualised according to your jaw structure and facial shape. Ultherapy is not an answer for you at this stage. 

All the best

Dr Davin Lim 
Laser and aesthetics
Fiori Institute of Body Contouring 
Brisbane, Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

It is difficult to tell without a photo

Thank you for your question! Individuals with a "square" jaw often have hypertrophic masseter muscles. The masseters are the muscles that facilitate in chewing, and can become enlarged or hypertrophic in certain people. What can help to slim down this area and create a "v-shaped" face is injecting Botox into the masseters to help make the muscle less bulky. 12-20 units of Botox on either side is a good starting point.

However, it is difficult to tell without evaluating you in person what would be the best treatment for your specific concerns. If considering Ultherapy, ThermiRF, Botox or any other procedure, I recommend scheduling a consultation with a practitioner familiar with all these treatments so they can help you determine what treatment is best for you.

I hope this answer is helpful! Best of luck.

Tracy Leong, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Jawline Contouring -- Fillers, Sculptra, Fat, VASER Hi Def Lipo, Botox, Ultherapy/Thermage

There are many options for treatment to this area.  I suggest a combination approach with fillers, liposuction, and/or kybella. Please see an expert for a consultation.  Best, Dr. Emer.