How much time does it take for my wound to be closed? (Photo)

Please somebody help!! Its been a month post Op calf implant surgery .. I have wound dehiscence on the edges ..and i am taking care of it by keeping it clean and so on and just rest at home with a little movment because i dont want it to open more but i am tired of waiting ..its getting better by time but slowly ..can somebody help to know how much time it needs more to heal?!

Chronic open and discharging wound post calf augmentation: see you plastic surgeon immediately

Thank you Eida for your question and pictures.

I have been performing calf augmentaiton with implants for almost 15 years.  Long-standing open wounds close to any implant, be it a breast, buttock, pectoral, chin, etc., is serious;  it might indicate and infection around the implant which is almost impossible to treat with intravenous antobiotics and it usually leads to removal, a period or 3-6 months wait and then it can be redone.

That being said, it could also be a simple superficial "stich abscess", requiring removal of the offending stitch and local/topical treatment.

In either cases, I would see my plastic surgeon immediately.

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

Dr. Marc DuPere, Aesthetic Plastic Surgeon

Open incision after calf implants

Thank you for asking about your calf implant recovery.

Unfortunately, an open incision with drainage after calf implantation usually means an infection around the implant. This will not heal and usually requires removal of the implant. You need to see your surgeon without delay and to follow her/his instructions.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS