Looking for a PS to do revision on my breasts and abdomen? (Photos)

Started with breast augmentation & lipo. Ps overlipoed abdomen, skin stuck down. Had implant rupture & got infection. Have had implants replaced & lipo revised with fat injection to the abdomen. Haven't had anything done in 12 yrs just very disappointed with my results. Can my breast & abdomen be enhanced enough to be worth the money & pain?

Photos inadequate to truly appreciate your problems

so invest in some consultations or take advantage of free ones advertised and find out from other surgeons who have the privilege of examining your concerns and who will be best equipped to tell you what you could consider.  Everything will have pros and cons and risks so try to know as much as you can and know what revision policies are as well as its likely you will need one.

Choose revision plastic surgeon carefully

In order to make a good plan for revision, a lot more information is needed and really an in-person consultation. My guess is that you will get the best improvement of your abdomen with a tummy tuck. I am sure there are good options for the breasts as well. When consulting plastic surgeons for revision surgery, ask if this is an area of special emphasis for their practice. 

Richard Baxter, MD

Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Your procedures should always be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for a revision surgery. It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Revision Surgery

Thank you for your question and photos.  However, your photos are of very poor quality and seem to be from years ago since your steri strips are still in place.  I suggest that you consult with one or more board certified plastic surgeons to discuss your options for revision surgery.  Best wishes!

Looking for a Plastic Surgeon to do revision on my breasts and abdomen?

Thank you for the important question; careful selection of plastic surgeon will be the most important decision you make.

Although I cannot provide you with specific names, I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. 

***Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done. Basically, patients should look at the overall "quality" of the outcomes achieved;  in other words, it will be important that patients see lots of examples of outcomes that they would be pleased with.  In doing so patients will be able to get an idea of each  plastic surgeon's "aesthetic sensibilities".  

Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Revise or not to revise, that is the question

Since it has been 12 years from your last procedure, it would be worthwhile to obtain a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to explore your options.  A lot has changed in the past 12 years and there may be some new innovations that could improve your appearance.

Good Luck!

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon