Brazilian Butt Lift would I be a good candidate?

I'm 38 years of age I weigh anywhere between 270-280 in pounds and I'm 5"9' in height

Brazilian Butt Lift / Liposuction/Vaser Hi Definition liposculpture/ Fat Grafting/ High Definition Procedures / Revision BBL

I appreciate your question.

Best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute
#RealSelf100Surgeon

Candidate for Brazilian butt lift

Thank you for your question. The amount of fat transferred to the buttocks depends on the quantity available and the extent of buttock augmentation each patient desires. Sufficient body fat for a buttock augmentation is very patient-specific, depending on an individual’s body shape and proportions as well as their expectations. This said it is highly recomended for patients to be at an ideal BMI which is around 30 or less. The best way to give an advice would be an in person examination or some photos would help to have a better look at your case. You definitely have to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety. Best is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure.

BMI and Brazilians

While weight is not the primary indication for who is a good candidate for either liposuction or fat transfer there is the point at which these procedures are not appropriate.

As a general statement patients who are approaching 300 pounds generally should have weight-loss followed by skin reduction surgery such as a body lift.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Obesity and BBL

The ideal buttock is not s big and shapeless mass by a well defined, hemispheric structure with clear beginning at the lower back and endings in the upper thighs with a V zone divergence between the upper butt cheeks. This canny be defined and created in obese people.

To obtain a great result with fat grafting to the buttocks / BBL one must be close or at your ideal weight ( being obese will rule that out), the weight must be stable and not fluctuate, the lower back must be scooped and sculpted and the buttocks must be rounded out by the surgeon before any fat is transferred into them. 

Good Luck

Peter Aldea MD

Based on your description I would recommend losing more weight. This will decrease your surgical risks as well as improve your overall aesthetic result. You may also require a tummy tuck procedure. 

Regards,

Martin Jugenburg, MD