When to take antibiotics after hymenplasty and personal care?

I had hymenplasty yesterday and I was prescribed antibiotics, but I am not sure if I should take the antibiotics now or wait for signs of infection? Also? how many times a day should I use antiseptic to clean the area? moreover what kind of soaps to use to wash the area?

Hymenoplasty Postoperative Instructions

Thank you for your question.  Every surgeon has their own preference for postoperative care after hymenoplasty.  I would recommend contacting your surgeon for clarification on antibiotic use and cleansing instructions.  Best of luck.  

Jeffrey S. Palmer, MD, FACS, FAAP (Cosmetic and Recontstructive Urologist -- Cleveland, Ohio)

Cleveland Urologist