When to take antibiotics after hymenplasty and personal care?

I had hymenplasty yesterday and I was prescribed antibiotics, but I am not sure if I should take the antibiotics now or wait for signs of infection? Also? how many times a day should I use antiseptic to clean the area? moreover what kind of soaps to use to wash the area?

Hymenoplasty Postoperative Instructions

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you for your question.  Every surgeon has their own preference for postoperative care after hymenoplasty.  I would recommend contacting your surgeon for clarification on antibiotic use and cleansing instructions.  Best of luck.  

Jeffrey S. Palmer, MD, FACS, FAAP (Cosmetic and Recontstructive Urologist -- Cleveland, Ohio)