Looking for a breast revision specialist! Seattle or Portland (Photo)

I let the doctor choose my implant and did what he said and now I've paid the price for too big of an implant. Are symmetrical even achievable after this? My breast were never asymmetrical before. I'm devastated but willing to do whatever I need to have a good result. Treatment plan ideas please!!!

Looking for a breast revision specialist!

Thanks for the photos.Revision surgery can be very, very tricky.  The recommended procedure depends very much on your current situation (implant size) and the result you would like.  If your implants are not huge and you have a fair amount of breast tissue, implant removal and a lift would make the most sense for you.  Also, if you don't have much breast tissue, downsizing the implant and doing a lift may be recommended  depending on the result you are looking for.  You are wise to seeking out a revision specialist.  Those of us who do a lot of revision use just about every trick in the book and have spent many years learning the ins and outs of this difficult surgery.Make sure you see a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and make sure you bring all your records to your consultation including before photos.  That information is always very valuable.  Good luck!

Breast implant revision sometimes involves a breast lift

Based on your photos, you would probably benefit from a breast reduction and lift to remove sagging and heavy breast tissue and create symmetry between your breasts. This is a safe and reasonable procedure to do after breast augmentation. We are in Seattle and would be happy to see you here if you'd like a second opinion on your options.

Revision specialist in Seattle

I am sorry to hear about your concerns. There are several very talented and experienced board certified plastic surgeons in the Seattle area who have extensive experience in revision surgery, that already have answered this question. Please visit them regarding your concern.   Revision surgery is very involved and you want to choose an experienced surgeon.  Best of luck.  

Seek a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in Seattle or Portland

It's best that your procedures should always be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for a revision surgery. It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

How to find a breast revision specialist

There are several things to consider in choosing a breast revision specialist. The main thing you want to know is that they have a special interest in revision surgery and experience. Here are a couple of things to look for:
  • Have they published and presented their work? (This represents recognition by their peers.)
  • Do they have a specific section on their website for revision breast surgery?
You will need to provide information about your surgery including implant size and type. 

Richard Baxter, MD

I'm sorry to hear about your concerns after breast augmentation surgery. Although I cannot provide you with specific names,I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery  and who can demonstrate significant experience helping patients with this type of revisionary breast surgery.  ***Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

Then, it will be important that you communicate your goals carefully. In my practice, this is best done with the help of goal photographs. It is likely, based on the photograph, that you will benefit from adjustment of the breast implant capsules (capsulorraphy),  re augmentation with appropriate breast implant size/profile (much depending on your personal goals), and possible mastopexy surgery.
 Again, exactly what operation you should undergo will depend mainly on your physical examination and carefully communicated goals. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

Asymmetry after breast augmentation with large implants.

Assuming that your breasts were relatively symmetric before surgery it appears that the left breast implant has descended and needs to be repositioned.  When I perform this procedure I often suggest replacement with smaller implants so that there is less gravitational force trying to disrupt the repair.  You may also need to consider a skin reduction procedure in the form of a mastopexy but this needs to be determined on face-to-face physical examination. Meet with a couple of ABPS board-certified plastic surgeons to discuss your options.  A significant improvement should be achievable.
Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Looking for a breast revision specialist! Seattle or Portland

Thank you for your question and photo. It would be helpful to see preop photos front and side with arms down at the sides, size of implants, placement under or over the muscle. Based on this single photo, you are experiencing bottoming out with loss of superior pole fullness. This is certainly a correctable condition, but without a physical examination it is impossible to tell you what would be the best surgical approach. You will need raising the fold, using the same implant or downsizing, possible use of ADM (Acellular dermal matrix) for support and might need a lift as well. If you chose to downsize, the other side will need to addressed, too. See a board certified plastic surgeon for an in person consultation/evaluation. Good luck.

I'm sorry you're having such a problem. Before any surgeon can give you realistic treatment options we would need a great deal more information and an exam. The information you would need to gather for your consultant would start with preop photos but also include all operative reports from the surgeon and the specifics of your implants so we can see exactly what was done. In all likelihood you will need at the least a capsulorrhaphy to close off the oversized space of the low implant and maybe an ADM insert for extra strength. The good news is that this issue can be corrected.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD