What do you think of my tummy tuck results? Why does my scar go lower at one part? Why isn't my stomach flat? (Photos)

*I will be 1 year post 2nd wk of Nov 2016 1. I don't think enough skin was removed? He said he made the incision longer so that more skin could be removed yet I still have loose skin on my sides when I pinch myself and loose skin in the front it seems like. 2. Also, what is that roll above the incision, it's been since post op? 3. Why did I develop stretch marks in my upper ab area after tt? My stomach still feels and looks big. I look OK depen. on how I position my body but I dont look 100%.

#abdominoplasty #plasticsurgery #Tummytuck

Hello posey91, Congratulations on your recent surgery and thank you for sharing your question about your post operative recovery and results after your surgery.  Final results can take up to 12 months for all the swelling to subside.  At our office here at CARE we actually see all of our surgery patients the very next day after surgery and then again at two weeks and beyond. We enjoy staying closely connected to our patients and enjoy giving the extra attention and service.  Your concerns are important to discuss directly with your board certified plastic surgeon.  He or she will appreciate the open communication and will want to help you. I hope this is helpful and wish you all the very best.  Sincerely, Brian S. Coan, MD, FACS
CARE Plastic Surgery

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

Your scar looks like it is healing well. There are many factors that can affect your scar including asymmetries and laxity of the tissues to name a few.  Best of luck.

Tummy tuck

Hello and thank you for your question. In order to evaluate your results, we really need to see pre-operative pictures.  I recommend that you return to your primary surgeon and share your concerns.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Tummy tuck question

Preoperative photos are necessary to truly comment on your results. However, when I see looks like a decent result. You appear to have good contour and tightness of your skin when you're standing. Everybody has loose skin when their flexed at the waist.   Discuss  your concerns with your surgeon.

Abdominoplasty questions

Great pictures, very helpful to answer questions when pictures are done well. 

I agree with you that a small revision to remove excess skin will be very helpful.  Your best option is to go back to your Plastic Surgeon and discuss your concerns and discuss a small revision to excise skin.  The stretch marks on the upper abdomen are hard to discuss without seeing your pre-surgery pictures.  I think you have a beautiful shape and it can very easily be improved to suit your needs.  Good luck!

Saira Saini, MD
Fayetteville Plastic Surgeon