Tummy Tuck Liposuction and Fat Transfer to Buttocks?

I am having a TT , lipo upper and lower back and lipo to thighs and fat transfer to butt.but since is not recomended to sit after fat transfer is this a procedure I should be combining? Also when doing a TT does the doctor to a pubic area lift?

You will get varying expert opinions about doing the procedures sequentially or as a combination at the same time. There is no absolutely correct answer.

Keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person and follow his or her advice.

The pubic area is generally lifted with a tummy tuck.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck and Fat Transfer For Brazilian Butt Lift

As mentioned, agressive lipo in the upper abdomen may be questionable depending on the experience of the doctor. but fat from the back and flanks can be used.

This is a fairly common procedure.

There should not be a great deal of liposuction done to the upper abdomen while performing a standard tummy tuck. If you have a lot of tissue in this area, I would do the liposuction first and then the tummy tuck in 3 months for the best, safest result. If you are thinner in the upper abdomen, the procedures can be combined, and there are ways to help in the recovery so that fat transfer is not adversely affected.

I perform about 500 Brazilian buttlifts each year, and this procedure is the most surgeon dependent plastic surgery procedure. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Combining Tummy Tuck and buttock augmentation

In my practice, buttock fat grafting and a tummy tuck are never combined. The viability of fat grafting in the buttock requires limited pressure from sitting or lying on the buttock. Patients need to sleep on the belly which is not possible immediately after a tummy tuck. It would be very difficult to find a position that is safe and comfortable afterwards.

It is quite easy to lift the pubic area at the time of a tummy tuck. It is important to start the scar low enough that it doesn't raise too high with lifting and tightening of the area.

York Jay Yates, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuckand BBL

I prefer to use the fat from the abdomen first and then stage the tummy tuck so that it does not compromise the viability of the flap.

Tummy tuck

The pubis will indeed be lifted with a tummy tuck. It is fine to have fat transfers at the same time if you want, although I am not a fan of that procedure personally.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD