I am looking to get a Brazilian Butt Lift and a Tummy Tuck. Is it better to lose as much weight or fat for my tummy tuck, than to not lose weight and save up the fat for a Brazilian Butt Lift? Please give me some advice.
Brazilian Butt Lift and Tummy Tuck Advice
Doctor Answers 17
Save your fat for buttock agumentation before you get a tummy tuck
if you are considering a buttock augmentation and tummy tuck, you can not have both procedures done at the same time. considering that you can not rest on your buttock for a week after a buttock augmentation, therefore you will not be able to have a tumm tuck at the same time. So, which procedure should you do first? I recommend having large volume lipousction to harvest all your excess fat and to use it effectively for enlaring and shaping your buttocks with fat grafting. Afterwards, you can undergo a tummy tuck at a later time in order to tighten your abdomen and to remove any loose skin that you might have developed with liposuciton.
Brazilian Butt Lift and a Tummy Tuck, are Combined Procedure Recommended?
When I practiced in Miami, I would call this the Miami Makeover. I would typically make patients do the there surgeries at separate times for several reasons.
- I limit my surgeries to about five hours as it decreases the risks of surgery
- I do not let patients sit for two week after their Brazilian Butt lift to protect the fat that has been transferred.
- When I do the tummy tuck I make their abdominal area as tight and flat as possible, the combination of this and the butt augmentation would not give patients a comfortable position for the first couple of week post-op.
I hope this helps, discuss it with your board certified plastic surgeon.
Brazilian Butt Lift first THEN Tummy Tuck!
Great question! I have many patients who have received this combination. They received thorough liposuction of the abdomen hips waist back thighs and trunk and then received selective fat grafting to the buttock region. They then recovered from the Brazilian Butt lift. After this procedure they lost a great deal of fat from the abdomen hips and waist and truly enjoyed their new curves. However because of the aggressive liposuction they now had loose skin in their abdomen and hips. This was expected. Once they recovered from the Brazilian Butt lift they returned to receive a tummy tuck this tightened the hips waist and abdomen and gave them a beautiful result. It's always best to do a Brazilian Butt lift before a tummy tuck so that you can use all the tissue and fat than you otherwise would have discarded with the tummy tuck.
For more information on Brazilian butt lifts or butt augmentation, please schedule an iConsult or visit us online at the link below.
You might also like...
Tummy tuck and bbl - best as staged procedures
1) A brazilian butt lift is transferring fat from one area to the buttock. One common donor area is the tummy. Once the fat is transferred, you need to keep pressure off the buttock as this allows new blood supply to develop to the newly grafted fat cells. Any stress such as pressure can reduce the efficacy of this process and hence you may lose some fat. Hence, no sitting or laying on your bottom for ~2 weeks.
2) A tummy tuck is removing excess skin and tightening the muscle as well as remove extra fat. To make the skin removal efficient and protect the incision, you surgeon will often remove skin while your hips are flexed. You will need to maintain this position after surgery for about a week. This will required you to sleep in a recliner position for a good week. In addition, l often combine liposuction of the abdomen and flanks as part of this procedure and once this fat is removed, it cannot be stored for the brazilian buttock lift in the future.
Since the recovery process for these two popular procedures compete, I would recommend staging them. If you are surgeon is needing as much donor areas to recruit as much fat as possible, then I would start with the brazilian buttock lift so you can use the abdominal and flank regions as donor areas. The BBL may range around ~8-12 K depending on how many donor areas are required to achieve your desired volume. The tummy tuck is ~8K.
Stable Weight best for Fat Transfer to Buttocks (BBL)
See the below link for more information.
Brazilian Mommy Makeover?!
Combining both procedures at the same time is rough but can be done. Most women after having children are very unhappy with the appearance of their body. Having children is wonderful but the damage that is done to a women's body is not.
I prefer to not perform surgery on patients with a BMI over 30. This can lead to complications as well as unflattering results. I would recommend for you to maintain a healthy weight prior to surgery in order to have the best result. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to make sure you are a candidate to have both procedures done at the same time.
Weight loss prior to tummy tuck and buttock lift
You want to be close to your ideal weight for the best results with a tummy tuck, however, you don't want to lose too much weight and not have enough donor fat for the buttock augmentation. This is a question that is difficult to answer with examining you in person. I would recommned consulting with a board certified plastic surgeon before you begin to lose too much weight. This way, you and your surgeon can formulate a goal weight for you that will give you the best results both regarding the abdominal procedure and the buttock augmentation.
Combining tummy tuck and butt lift
For the best results and lasting enlargement of the buttocks the patient ought be to at a stable weight prior to surgery. Loosing significant weight after surgery can diminish the projection of your buttocks. In my practice I obtain a thorough history of patient's weigh gain and losses, asses the pertinent anatomy. Only then can I recommend if the patient ought to loose any weight pre-operatively. Make sure that you choose a surgeon with lots of experience, good judgment and excellent technique to asses your individual anatomy, in this fashion an optimum plan of action can be designed and properly executed.
Brazilian Butt lift and tummy tuck
I think it is most important to be at a weight the you are comfortable at before surgery. Too heavy or too thin is never a good idea. The two are commonly done together.
Tummy Tuck and Brazilian Butt Enhancement
You can do the tummy tuck and use the skin and fat removed from the tummy as a Dermis fat graft to enhance the buttock. Also described by the Brazilians.
You can also do the Fat transfer, Brazilian Butt Lift, along with the tummy tuck at the same time.