Can I use Voluma instead of Restylane Lyft?

My name is Jessica and I'm 28 y/o and was given 1cc of Restylane Lyft to create the higher cheekbones back in November. Two days later, I saw that the nice look had gone down (probably because the swelling had subsided). I can tell I still sort of have Lyft in my cheeks but it's beginning to diminish and my metabolism is very fast so I know it's not going to be here within the next few months. Would it be okay to schedule an appointment and switch to Voluma sometime soon? Thanks, Jessica

Voluma and Restylane Lyft

Thank you for your question Jessica. Voluma is a filler used to enhance the appearance of the face. Both Voluma and Restylane Lyft can provide enhancement of the cheeks. For my patients I start with two syringes; this is a conservative amount. More can always be added later. One syringe is very subtle and sometimes people are not able to appreciate results. For my patients I recommend waiting two weeks before a repeat treatment. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations.  Good luck!

Encino Physician

Cheeks with Volume after Restylane Lyft

Sometimes you need more than one vial of restylane lift or voluma to get your desired result.  Since you liked your appearance when there was more swelling, you most likely would like more of either product.  Restyle Lyft can be used in the cheeks and in other places  in the face. Voluma is indicated only for the cheeks.
I would consult with your provider to discuss what might be best for you.

Jean Keamy, MD
Westborough Ophthalmologist

Can Voluma be injected in the area my Restylane Lyft was injected.

Restylane Lyft and Voluma are both FDA approved products used to volumize your cheeks.  Both are hyaluronic acid products.  I have not seen any contraindications to the use of Voluma in areas previously injected with Restylane Lyft.

If you noticed an improvement with Restylane Lyft you may want to consider another syringe before switching to Voluma.

Ernest Robinson, MD
Aliso Viejo Facial Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for sharing your question.  It sounds as if you will likely need additional filler placement in order to reach your desired goal results and this can be accomplished with either Lyft or Voluma.  I would recommend waiting at least 2 weeks to allow the Lyft to soften and your overlying tissues to relax before pursuing additional treatment.  Hope this helps.

Can you use Voluma instead of Restylane Lyft?

Thank you for your question.There is no problem switching from Restylane Lyft to Voluma. If you were my patient, I would recommend you wait 2 weeks from the Restylane injections before having Voluma injections.

Voluma and Restylane Lyft are great fillers for mid-face correction or cheek augmentation.  I use both of them in my practice on a regular basis.  Yes, you can use both products, but I would suggest waiting at least 2 weeks and realize that 1cc is not very much product and you may just need more.  Please share your concerns with your physician.  All the best.

Take Care,
Dr. Serrao

Thank you for your question. You can certainly switch between products without any issue. The products are very similar but are cross linked, how the molecules are held together, differently which gives them some degree of specificity. Both products are long lasting with Voluma having a two year indication and Lyft having a one year indication. Neither, especially with the first treatment, last a year in my opinion. Overall I have found Lyft to be slightly firmer and can create a more angular look while Voluma is a little softer and seems to have a rounder appearance. Using the products n conjunction is not uncommon and can help to try and contour and specifically refine the face. Also the products do build up so most patients do have the experience of the result lasting longer in subsequent treatments.
Best of Luck

Lee A. Gibstein, MD

Cheek Augmentation With Fillers, Fat, Sculptra, Implants

Voluma, radiesse and lyft are my go to treatments for cheek augmentation.  I suggest using enough product to get to optimal correction.  Combine with sculptra for even better outcomes.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Needs some time

Best to give it a week or so for the Restylane-Lyft  to settle.
Then you can switch over to the Voluma.

Voluma vs Restylane Lyft

Voluma and Restylane Lyft are very similar products, but they are not the same. The duration indicated by the FDA is longer for Voluma than that for Restylane Lyft, and this is attributed to its cross-linking technology. Both of these fillers have cross-linking, again there is just a slight difference between them.

There's absolutely no reason that you can't get Voluma after you have had Restylane Lyft - I very often use them simultaneously, which takes advantage of the slight differences in their properties during your initial correction.

To ensure you are receiving the highest level of care, seek out a modernly trained, new-school dermatologic surgeon, oculoplastic surgeon, facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon who is board certified and fellowship trained in one of these "core four" cosmetic specialties.

Cameron Chesnut
#realself500 Physician

Cameron Chesnut, MD, FAAD, FACMS
Spokane Dermatologic Surgeon