Where do I get lab work for Rhinoplasty at?

Where can I get the labwork needed for my Rhinoplasty at? I'm due for a physical at the doctor, but the labs that I need to get done for surgery are HIV 1, HIV 2, Hepatitis C, CBC, and a Basic Metabolic Panel. Can I ask General Practitioner Doctor to do these or do I need to go to some special clinic to get them done? I was hoping Insurance would cover it, do they generally cover it?

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question. Please speak with your surgeon's office for their recommended lab and doctor's office for a physical. You should always consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hello Austinou88,
Please ask your rhinoplasty surgeon where they might typically send patients for blood draws and then find out if your insurance uses that particular facility.  If not, then your insurance company can help you find a lab close to you to get the blood work performed.
Insurance will typically cover the blood work and will often cover your prescriptions.
Good luck,
Dr. Shah

Manish H. Shah, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Where Shall I get my Pre-Op Lab Tests?

Since your Pladtic surgeon ordered these tests, he should have told you where to have them done. Personally, I order blood tests that make a difference in what I do and or are required by the anesthesiologist so work with. I usually ask that they be done by the primary care doctor because I would like to keep them in the loop in the rare case that such a test is abnormal. 

Peter A. Aldea MD
Memphis, TN

Lab work prior to a rhinoplasty

In our practice,we do not perform lab work on all patient's, unless there is some underlying metabolic condition that is present. Your primary care physician or  your rhinoplasty surgeon can order any lab work deemed necessary