Can I get Implants with a CRT-DEFIBULATOR?

Doctor Answers 1

BA with defibrillator

Without knowing more about your heart condition, this is a tough question to answer. I would recommend asking your cardiologist first about your safety in a short elective procedure. If you have his/her blessing, I would imagine a board certified plastic surgeon would feel comfortable performing your procedure. There might be some surgical techniques that have to be altered (e.g. bipolar vs. monopolar cautery), but these are minor issues. Best of luck!

Dallas Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 125 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.