I have a weird looking incision on my left breast like some bumps; is his normal? (Photos)

It looks like you are fresh post-op from breast augmentation surgery.  The incisions will likely change a bit as they heal more.  Be patient.

Breast augmentation incision

Thank you for your question.  Generally allow around 3 months to pass after surgery before getting a better idea about how things look.  Scars tend to look ugly early on but dramatically improve over time.  Be sure to speak to your surgeon about your concerns.  Good luck.

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Based on your photos, there seems to be puckering from sutures.  This should improve with time.  Please follow up with your plastic surgeon for his/her recommendation on scar management.

Best regards.

Question of Incision

Always contact your plastic surgeon if you have concerns about post-operative infection, bleeding, swelling, fever, excessive bruising, or any new and sudden changes in the feeling or look of your implants, breasts or incisions. 

Healing will go on for 2-3 months for the early period. There may be some swelling, bruising, malposition, color differences. Sensation will be abnormal.  Scars will be changing. If my patients have concerns that something is unusual about their healing process, it is important for them to call the office and discuss these concerns or come in to be examined.

I have a weird looking incision on my left breast like some bumps; is his normal?

Thank you for your question. You are going to see the difference just after the procedure. However it is necessary to wait for some time in order to see the final result. After the breast augmentation operation the recovery period depends on your physical status, age, general health and condition mainly. The operation itself does not take too long therefore you receive a mild anesthesia. Since the anesthesia that you receive is mild; you will not have problems associated with anesthetic agents after the operation. This is especially important and can be achieved with only a team of plastic surgeons like we have. After the operation you will be advised to wear a corset in order to reduce the edema. You can start to do your daily activities just after the operations but we do not advise you heavy lifting, running or activities that require excess physical activity. The more you rest, the faster your recovery will be.

Incision lumpy following breast augmentation

Your incisions look entirely normal and should heal with minimal scarring. It is normal to have some irregularities and bunching at the incision line.

Give it time to heal

At this time you are still in the beginning stages of your recovery. While this might look strange right now, contour irregularities do tend to go away as your recovery progresses. Give it about 4 months before returning to your surgeon to discuss your results.

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question.

Right now, you are very early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Please Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you at this time. Then reassess final result at 6 months.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Incision Concern

Your incision line on the left side is puckered and indented due to increased swelling on that side. I recommend that you see your Plastic Surgeon in person as soon as possible to evaluate your breasts.

All the best 

I would wait as it looks like you just recently had your surgery.  Wait at least 6 months and you will see more improvements with time.  Please discuss it with your surgeon.

Andre Aboolian, MD