I am considering an eyebrow lift with the incisions in the hair line. Will there be hair loss with this procedure?

Brow Lift

Thank you for your question. An endoscopic brow lift makes small incisions in the hairline and is the most common and effective surgery to address wrinkles that have developed in your forehead. Performed correctly, the brow lift will not affect your hair growth. Always consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Is there hair loss Irregular Trichophytic hairline brow lift?

Is there hair loss Irregular Trichophytic hairline brow lift?  we develop this procedure 35 years ago and if properly done hair loss would be extremely rare. I've never had permanent hair loss with this procedure in several thousand patients. See an experienced brow lift surgeon who is familiar with this technique. 

Risk of Hair Loss with Hairline Brow Lift

Permanent hair loss is possible with any brow lift but a very rare complication of hairline brow lifts when done by an experienced surgeon. If this does occur it is limited to a small area and is temporary.

Brow lift incision placement and risk of hairloss

Brow lifts are marvelous for improving a tired/angry look of the upper face. Upper lid appearance is also improved in a well-done brow lift. Position of the hairline is a very important consideration with a brow lift.  The transfollicular brow lift with a "double beveled" incision placed 1/4" behind the forehead hairline, allow/encourages hair growth in front of the incision to further camouflage it - frequently leaving incisions essentially invisible. You would want to discuss your particular situation w/ your plastic surgeon.  Hope this is useful. 

Hair loss with brow lift ?

The answer depends on the technique and extent of surgery. See following manuscript I have published on a brow lift technique with no hair-loss or hairline change. 

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

I am considering an eyebrow lift with incisions in the hairline. Will there be a hair loss?

When performing a brow lift, the hairline must  shift either upwards, or downwards, depending upon placement of the incision. When patients have a high hairline, the incision is placed at the hairline and the excess skin that is removed is the bald non-hair bearing skin. When patients have a low airline, the incisions are placed behind the hairline and  the hairline is raised. Choose your surgeon very wisely based on experience producing natural results consistently. For more information  And many before and after examples, please see the link and the video below