I had a circumareolar mastopexy aug back in Oct 2015. I have a small hole on the incision site. Is this normal?
Doctor Answers 7
Chronic healing issues after breast augmentation and lift
there are many reasons for wound healing issues after augmentation and lifts. Infection is one, reaction to the suture material is usually the second one. It is difficult to say without a physical exam.
Finally, make sure that your doctor is aware of your process. He should be able to guide you best in your care.
Wishing you the best in your journey
Wound after breast surgery
Needs a recheck
You might also like...
Any incision concern should be addressed with your doctor
Breast augmentation and mastopexy - incision still open in one area
- It is definitely unusual to have an open wound 4 months after a breast lift/augmentation.
- You should definitely return to your surgeon to be examined.
- It may simply be a deep suture coming to the surface but one can't tell without an exam.
- If there is any concern about an infection, an ultrasound of the breast will help to identify infection around the implant - a serious complication.
- Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hole in incision
Dr. Sheila Nazarian
@drsheilanazarian on Instagram
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.