Can I get a Eyebrow Transplant? (photos)

So I have Kinky, Curly hair and I've heard that could cause a problem with Eyebrow Transplanting. I've also heard that it shouldn't affect things too much. Is it still possible to do where I could get good looking results, or am I out of luck?

Eyebrow Transplant

Hello 

Yes, eyebrow transplant is still possible. However, you will need to regularly trim the hairs to remain an appropriate length and style. 

Javad Sajan, MD

Seattle Physician

Eyebrow transplant

Great question, and the answer is that yes you could definitely have the procedure done. An eyebrow transplant works pretty much the same as a head hair transplant procedure would.  After making sure that you are a good candidate for an eyebrow transplant, we will first determine a donor area that hair can be extracted from. This donor area typically resides along the rear or side regions of the patient’s scalp, the same area that would be used for any hair transplant. Once we have extracted the required amount of hair, we transplant individual follicular units in the desired areas, to restore bald areas and create a natural-looking eyebrow. It is very important that your transplanted hairs for your eyebrows are done in a way that harmonizes well with your eyes. Once we harvest the hair we will also make sure that is implanted at the right angle to replicate original growth. Because the transplanted hair will come from the back of the head, it also requires us to match natural colour of the area being transplanted. These hairs will initially grow faster and will require trimming for the 1st year or two. I hope this helps.

Cory Torgerson, MD, PhD, FRCSC
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Candidacy for eyebrow hair transplant?

Austinou88,Thanks for the question. It looks like you are a perfect candidate for an eyebrow hair restoration procedure. Your native eyebrows are very blond, so it is hard to see them. The hair characteristics look fine to be used in a hair transplant procedure to your eyebrow. This should increase the density and fullness of your existing eyebrows. 
Bernardino A. Arocha, MD

Bernardino Arocha, MD
Houston Hair Restoration Surgeon

Thank you for your question. Yes! it is definitely an option.. you can transplant to that area but if taken from curly hair, you will most likely have curly hair results. This can be treated aesthetically as anyone would do with eyebrow maintenance.  

Matt Tahsini, MD
Pasadena Hair Restoration Surgeon

Eyebrow hair transplant

Even with curly hair, you can have an eyebrow transplant. First, of course, see a competent doctor and then take it from there.

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Curly Hair for Eyebrow Transplants

It is not a problem if done properly and artistically. I do not worry about curly hair but it is handled differently than straight hair. Eyebrow transplant should only be performed by a full time hair restoration surgeon with exceptional artistic ability. See link to eyebrow transplant gallery below.

Brian Goertz, MD
Seattle Hair Restoration Surgeon

If you have curly donor hair, your transplanted hairs (on the eyebrow) will also grow curly.

If you have curly donor hair, your transplanted hairs (on the eyebrow) will also grow curly.  If you trim the hairs it may not be an issue.  You need to discuss this with your doctor

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon