Is there a way to do corrective Lipo? Who is responsible for this cost? (photos)

I am almost 3 months post op from ab, flank and back lipo and my stomach is right back puffy as it was before. Especially the lower abdomen. I kept a compression garment on until about 2 weeks ago! I literally feel like I kook the same as before. Initially, I looked AMAZING! But its like I went back in time and wasted $5k!!!! I look pregnant just like pre-op. What should I do?

Results after liposuction

The importance of making a proper preoperative assessment and discussing honest and realistic expectations from both the surgeon and the patient's perspective cannot be overstated. When patients are dissatisfied with the results from liposuction it's usually because of one of two reasons.
Either the procedure was not performed while or the patient was not a good candidate for the procedure.
Sometimes it's both.
 For some people liposuction is not going to give a flat abdomen.
This is especially true for people who carry excessive amounts of intra-abdominal fat, have muscle separation from previous pregnancies or skin laxity.
 Liposuction will create a thinner layer of subcutaneous(the fat between the skin and muscle) fat only.
Most plastic surgeons will do revision surgery without charging their patients when indicated.
It's not uncommon for plastic surgery is to ask the patients to pay for facility or anesthesia fees related to revisions. Ideally the policy of revisions should be discussed before any surgical procedure.
I suggest you talk to your plastic surgeon about your results, expectations and to see if your candidate for revision. Best,
Mats Hagstrom,M.D.

Post Liposuction Irregularities, Swelling -- Try Massage, Velashape or Venus Legacy With Your Compression

Most often if you are unhappy with a cosmetic procedure and want this redone you will have to pay MORE to have this fixed by an expert.  It may have been that you are a candidate for skin removal with liposuction and not just liposuction alone. I would suggest seeing a 4D VASER contouring expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Is there a way to do corrective Lipo? Who is responsible for this cost?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift…

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Liposuction results - look the same

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
  • Liposuction causes prolonged swellnig.
  • If you looked amazing right after liposuction and have not gained weight, then you should see that result appear as the swelling subsides - around six to nine months.
  • However if you have had children and in fact need a tummy tuck - them liposuction is not the answer.
  • Assuming your doctor is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, the best next step is to return to see her/him and discuss what is going on.
  • The cost of revision surgery depends on the surgeon's policy and needs to be discussed with your surgeon.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Results after Liposuction

It would be unusual to have such an early recurrence of fat in the treated area. As you probably know, results are also very weight related so small amounts of weight gain can negatively influence your results. In addition, lingering swelling or scar tissue can last for 6 months so be patient. I would discuss with your plastic surgeon and go over your before and after pictures to truly be able to assess your outcome and contour changes. Also he or she will need to examine you to see if there may be another cause for the bulging, such as bloating, muscle bulging, or extra skin that does not respond to liposuction. Give it some time as well. If your results are not seen on your before and after photos, and you are weight stable with residual fat (and not some other reason) causing the bulging, your doctor may recommend a revision.