Botox is in my blood. It attacked my body and I'm screwed. Why don't docs admit Botox can do harm?

Botox is not in your blood

It is clear that for a subset of patients seeking elective cosmetic procedures, we as physicians must conduct a better mental health screening to minimize such incidents.

Cambridge Facial Plastic Surgeon

Please Provide more information

I am sorry that you had bad experience with Botox. We would like to hear more about your experience and symptoms to educates us. How many units you had, what area was injected and description of your symptoms would be great. 

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Botox is injected in the skin, not in the blood

Thank you for your question Schmannie. I am sorry to hear about your situation. Botox is a purified protein used to address wrinkles associated with facial expression. Botox is injected into the skin and not into the blood. The amount of Botox injected into the skin is small and the amount that gets into the bloodstream from the skin is even smaller. I have performed thousands of Botox treatments. The most common side effect is asymmetry, which is easily corrected. I do not know what your symptoms are. Perhaps you can clarify. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations.  Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician