Is 450cc to 500cc deform my chest? (photos)

My chest seems slightly low sitting already. My right breast is slightly smaller and higher. Will they look mostly symmetrical after surgery? Or. Will they point sideways? I'm not worried about one being a tad lower but I don't want anything drastic or for them to sit too far away from each other. First pic is me second is my wish picture. ( I am pear shaped, 5'5, and 125 pounds)

Is 450cc to 500cc deform my chest?

Thank you for your question. Based on your photos, you appear to have a nice starting place and should have a nice result with breast augmentation surgery.The most important factor when sizing implants, is working closely with your surgeon in person to find the implant size that gives you the look that you desire. Careful measurements of your breast and chest wall will help determine which size implants will fit within your natural breast footprint. Taking into account your desired look, and your measurements, an implant is chosen that specifically fits your body. Unfortunately, online recommendations are not that helpful. Make sure that you have a good relationship with your plastic surgeon, so that you two can work together to find the right size.Natural breast asymmetries will likely remain after your surgery. It's important to know that a 450-500cc implant is considered to be large and it will stretch your breasts, thin your breast tissue, and cause them to sag more quickly with time. Implants should be sized based on breast measurements and your natural tissue characteristics ("tissue-based planning"). In my office, patients try on implants in a bra and clothing. There able to see how they look in the mirror, and in photographs. Women are also encouraged to bring in wish pictures, so that I can get a sense of the look that they would like to achieve. Good luck with the process!

you are clearly a small pear at 125. stop being so critical.. you will have some asymmetry just as you do preop, that size implant should give you a nice cleavage plane

Jonathan Saunders, MD
Newark Plastic Surgeon

Breast Options

Hello KingKae, great question. Breast augmentation is the surgical placement of breast implants to increase fullness and projection of the breasts or to improve symmetry of the breasts. Clinically referred to as augmentation mammaplasty, the procedure is used cosmetically to:
  • Enlarge a naturally small breast, most commonly the result of heredity
  • Restore breast volume lost following pregnancy, as a result of breast-feeding or due to weight loss
  • Achieve better symmetry when breasts are moderately disproportionate in size and shape
A breast augmentation alone will not change nipple position, chest wall prominence's, or if one breast sits higher than the other. If there is a size discrepancy then often times two different size implants can be used. Next step is to schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon. Best of luck.

Breast Augmentation Size Options

Thank you for your question. You appear to be starting from a good place. Slight volume differences between breasts are common and you will keep these differences post op unless using two different sizes of implant. Your Surgeon will measure your breasts and recommend implant sizes for you.  I recommend that you book a consultation with a board certified Plastic Surgeon who specializes in this area and discuss your goals/options with them.
All the best

Best breast implants for me?

Thank you for the question.  Based on your photographs, I think that you are starting at a good place and should have a very nice outcome with breast augmentation surgery. Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, in bra sizers, and computer imaging) as well as careful measurements (dimensional planning) will be critical.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as “very natural” or "C or D cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers. I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

Breast implants

Breast augmentation with implants will likely give you the result that you desire. During surgery, you surgeon will enhance your breasts with implants to help with asymmetries and improve your cleavage. There will always be some small asymmetries after surgery, but these are usually minor. As for whether a 450-500 cc augmentation is too much for your frame, check with a board certified plastic surgeon. They have different methods of sizing and will help you get to your desired look.Good Luck!

Ryan Hoffman, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon