Is tattoo excision an option for me? (Photos)

I hate these tattoos I had done 7 years ago. I have not tried laser removal because I'm scared it just won't work. I thought maybe tattoo excision might be a quicker procedure but I'm not sure if that's even an option for me. What kind of Dr would I need to see for this?

Tattoo excision vs laser

I have done many tattoo excisions but in your case I don't think that excision would be a good option.  The skin is thin and tight on the ventral wrist.  I would seek out laser treatment.Regards,Dr. Ort

Lone Tree Dermatologic Surgeon

Tattoo excision wrist

Yes, you can have that excised. I would go to a Plastic Surgeon to get best looking results. I do think that laser tattoo removal would fade it significantly and you'd probably be happy. With surgery, there is always a scar and in this are, scars tend to widen and not heal as well as other areas. This is not a lot of loose skin so there is tension on the wound which leads poor scar formation.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Laser Tattoo Removal -- Takes a series of treatmetns

Lasers can be used to remove this tattoo but will take a series of treatments.  Please see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer.