Which method is best for Mommy Makeover recovery? Lipectomy vs Liposuction? (photos)

Should I be concerned about keloids on my breasts? I'm currently 38yo mom of 2 (13,17 via C-sec) 5'5, 187 w/ 35.6% body fat. As a apple shaped woman my trouble areas are my entire abdominal & back region. I've been contemplating a breast reduction/lift however I'm afraid of losing nipple sensation, or even worse, getting keloids around my areola. I developed keloid scars w/ C-Secs, but steroid injection minimized 2nd scar. I would like to lose about 20-25lbs prior to PS. So, am I a good canidate for mommy Makeover, or just Lipo?

Which method is best for Mommy Makeover recovery? Lipectomy vs Liposuction?

Tummy tuck with liposuction of the sides, back, and bra rolls would likely produce the best results.  If you want the breasts lifted or reshaped, skin will need to be removed.  There are many options here.

About the Mommy Makeover and Ideal Candidates

It's difficult to suggest without a in-person one-on-one consultation. The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. #MummyTummy is a term given to modified tummy tucks which can use liposuction and skin tightening with radiofrequency such Vanquish, Vela3, thermage, thermiRF and others.  The actual fat contouring can be done non-surgically as well with #UltraShape or Cool-Sculpting. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction. 
Many procedures can be combined. Cosmetic procedures such as Brazilian Butt Lift (#BBL), Thigh Lift (#TL) and Mommy Makeover (#MMO), which usually concentrates on the breast and abdomen areas, may be combined together. However, I look at the risk factors such as surgery time greater than 6 hours, or #anesthesia time, increased risks of DVT, prolonged  #healing, #positioning after surgery to name a few, which are a lot to consider. These factors are relative to performing any variety of combinations. 
The suitability of your procedures and any specific risks may be determined during you #consultation. Your procedures should be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for a revision surgery. It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. All surgical #procedures carry some degree of #risk. Always discuss your issues and concerns with the Plastic Surgeon during and following your consultation. Also, another element to a #satisfying result of your procedures are realistic #expectations.

Tummy Tuck - Am I A Candidate?

Thank you for your question and photos. You appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck. The abdominal skin excision could give you an excellent contour as well as improve the tone of the anterior abdominal wall. Liposuction could be performed to improve the contour of your flanks and hips at the time of tummy tuck surgery. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination to discuss the specific details of the procedures. Ask to see before and after photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. Hope this helps!

Thank you for your question and photographs.  You ask multiple questions and you deserve to have them answered in a face-to-face setting during consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon.  This will help give you the best information to match your personal needs. I avoid combining hours of surgery with a tummy tuck due to the increased risk of deep vein thrombosis (blood clots in the legs).  A full breast reduction and tummy tuck would probably require more than six hours of surgery.  I would recommend that you consider undergoing breast reduction with truncal liposuction after you have lost the additional weight and plan on undergoing a tummy tuck separately in the future.  There are many ways to proceed and you should choose for yourself based on the information provided during a face-to-face consultation.  Best of luck,

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Mommy Makeover discussion

You've posed a number of questions - I think you're a reasonable candidate for liposuction of the waist and hips, a tummy tuck and breast lift with reduction. Scar quality is generally excellent, in our hands. Take a look at our galleries and see for yourself.

Mommymakeover?

BASed on your information you provided with the photos, i recommend a mommy makeover (breast lift and reduction and tummy tuck).  Liposuction alone will not make the difference in the front.  The back and bra areas can be liposuctioned as well.  I would also recommend waiting till you lose the 20 lbs that you are trying to lose.  It will help not only your in general, but also give you a better outcome possibly.  Hope this helps.  Good luck

Bhupesh Vasisht, MD
Voorhees Plastic Surgeon