I am 19, and I have PCOS. I have thick course hair on my chin/neck area, but nowhere else in my face. Would laser be good?

I have a medium light complexion and have had PCOS for 6 years. The area I want treated is my chin/ neck area, which has very course, thick dark hair, but does not extend anywhere else, and is just concentrated in that area. My PCOS is bein managed by medication, but I have plucked for years and caused slight hyperpigmentation. I don't mind a permanent hair reduction, so I don't mind growing hair as long as it's light and fine in that area. Help?

Laser Hair Removal -- Seek an Expert

In my practice I use diode lasers for the best outcome. I typically have patients do every 4 weeks for the first 3 times and then every 4-6 weeks for 3 times after. Please see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Chin hair

Laser hair removal or electrolysis would be a great option for you. If it is just a few hairs, I would recommend electrolysis. Laser hair removal and electrolysis can be done at the same appointment in an experienced office.This combination works well for facial hair. You will have a good result as long as your PCOS is well controlled. Good luck!