I am 19, and I have PCOS. I have thick course hair on my chin/neck area, but nowhere else in my face. Would laser be good?

I have a medium light complexion and have had PCOS for 6 years. The area I want treated is my chin/ neck area, which has very course, thick dark hair, but does not extend anywhere else, and is just concentrated in that area. My PCOS is bein managed by medication, but I have plucked for years and caused slight hyperpigmentation. I don't mind a permanent hair reduction, so I don't mind growing hair as long as it's light and fine in that area. Help?

PCOS and laser hair removal

Laser hair removal should work if your PCOS is controlled. Again there is that risk of new hair reappearing with change in hormones. You need to make an appointment with an expert who will determine what is the best solution with you and keep your PCOS in check. Best of luck! 

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Laser Hair Removal -- Seek an Expert

In my practice I use diode lasers for the best outcome. I typically have patients do every 4 weeks for the first 3 times and then every 4-6 weeks for 3 times after. Please see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Chin hair

Laser hair removal or electrolysis would be a great option for you. If it is just a few hairs, I would recommend electrolysis. Laser hair removal and electrolysis can be done at the same appointment in an experienced office.This combination works well for facial hair. You will have a good result as long as your PCOS is well controlled. Good luck!