WHY DOES my front right crown get longer than my real left tooth?

My dentist put this crown on my right front tooth, and it matched my left tooth perfectly in size and length. Why does my crown now go way past my real left tooth in length?

Right Front tooth longer

Thank you for posting your question. Without a complete clinical examination it is difficult to asnwer your question accuarately.  In general, teeth grow to meet each other.  In your case it is possible that the opposing tooth does not meet your Right Font tooth properly and that is causing it to super-erupt or it could be more complicated and your entire bite needs to be looked at.  A dentist trained in how teeth come together or Occlusion will be able to help you.  You can find a Pankey trained dentist in your area that will likely be able to help you.  Good Luck!

New York Dentist