Uneven incision marks and uneven fat removed after liposuction and BBL. Nurse noticed it but Dr doesn't think there's a problem?

Shouldn't the doctor have made them even? I do believe when I asked him his response was the body is always different on one side. Which was also his response when i asked why was so much fat removed from one side of tigh compared to other. The nurse saw how one side was much more dented in than the other and her words exactly was "wow, it is". Dr shut down both of my concerns like it was nothing to be concern about. Complete opposite seeing the nurse saw exactly what it was I was talking about.

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift…

Liposuction Irregularities - Discuss with your physician -- May need VASER HI DEF REVISION

Please post photos for further evaluation. It takes weeks to see the results of liposuction and swelling can last for months. Massage, RF treatments, Venus Legacy and hyperbaric oxygen will drastically reduce swelling. After this time, if you are still unhappy it's likely you will need a revision procedure. I suggest a 4D HI DEFINITION contouring specialist if you want fat removal and contouring. I suggest continuing to follow your physicians post-op protocol and discussing any further concerns with your physician. Best, Dr. Emer

Liposuction and BBL - uneven but doctor won't admit it

Thank you for asking about your liposuction and BBL.

• This is always a worrying problem to encounter after surgery.
  • Everyone is asymmetric - and that may be the explanation.
  • The nurse may be inexperienced and not properly able to asses your healing
  • The indentation may be from how you are lying or from the garment.
  • You may have more swelling on one side than the other.
  • Or there may be significant asymmetry.
  • The best approach is to give it a few weeks - as the swelling subsides things should improve -
  • If not, continue to politely address it with your surgeon directly
  • It will be at least six months before you can tell whether this is a significant issue or not.
  • You are welcome to post photos as they provide more information than a descrption.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Uneven liposuction after BBL

Hi Raquel,

Thanks for your question and photos. Some pictures would definitely help assess your fat asymmetries better. Sometimes the incisions are placed asymmetrically to hide the fact that surgery was NOT done. Some doctors do that and others dont. I am not sure if that is what your doctor intended. The body is different from side to side but as plastic surgeons we try and make things even, which may mean leaving more fat one side and taking more on the other but to create symmetry and not unevenness. I would discuss your concerns with the doctor again and make sure that he understands and can explain why it was done and how it can be corrected. If not you may need to find another doctor to correct the issue. Good Luck!

Carlos Mata MD, MBA, FACS,
@liposuction @revision @docmata #drcarlosmata