Trip to Vegas one week after BA?

I was invited to go spend a couple days in Vegas for my birthday celebration. We would be leaving a week after I get my breast augmentation. Would there be any restrictions on what I could do if I went?

Travel after breast augmentation

Check with your plastic surgeon, but if you were our patient, I would not have an issue with you going to vegas 1 week post op. Just take it easy and have someone lift your bags for you. Do not mix alcohol and pain medication.  If you are by the pool, just don't soak your incisions, so stay in shallow water.  Don't get dehydrated. Tucson is a 1 hour flight and there are good plastic surgeons in vegas that could see you in an emergency.  Go have fun, but be smart, remember you just had surgery.

Trip to Vegas

Each surgeon has his/her recommendations for travel and post op instructions so most importantly speak with your Plastic Surgeon about this.  In general your main risk is if something happens to you while in Las Vegas your surgeon will not be close by so you will have to either fly home quickly or have another local PS take care of you.  Therefore I would take is easy when you are gone.  NO exercise, or heavy lifting.  Follow your PS recommendations closely and don't exert yourself.  Best of luck to you.

Milind K. Ambe, MD

Thank you for your question.  I often have patients who want or need to travel shortly after their surgery.  I caution them that if there is an emergency or issue they would have to see a surgeon they have no relationship with to evaluate and potentially operate on them while they are out of town.  You still need to follow all of your post operative instructions on limiting your activity and wearing your surgical bra during your trip.  I would speak directly with your surgeon to find out his/her recommendation.  Best Wishes and happy birthday!

Jamie Moenster, DO
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Trip to Vegas one week after BA?

Thank you for your question. I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon. Every surgeon has their own specific post op protocol for their patients and your surgeon is the best resource when questions arise. They are most familiar with your medical history, details of your surgery, and how you are healing. 
Congratulations on your recent surgery.

Travel plans after Breast Augmenation

Hi Leigh,

Thanks for your question. It is certainly feasible to go to Vegas the week after but I would recommend that you be careful with your activities as if you do to much, you could cause bleeding (get a hematoma) and need emergency surgery. I would advice to not drink as that increases your chances of bleeding. If the trip is important then postpone your surgery till after your trip. Discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon. Good Luck!

Carlos Mata MD, MBA, FACS

#breastaugmentation #travelplans

Breast augmentation and trip one week post op

Thank you for your question.
This is best answered by your plastic surgeon. 
For my patients I caution leaving the area for a couple weeks mostly in case their is a post op complication such as a hematoma (which unfortunately can happen) that I can address safely while minimizing any costs. It is horroble if you find yourself with a problem away from your plastic surgeon.  Physically you will probably be sore but many activities will be totally fine but not all.
Best Dr. L

Andre Levesque, MD

1 week post op

Thank you for your question. Medically there is no reason you could not travel 1 week post breast augmentation, however if you were my patient I would caution against it.  My best advise would be to discuss this with your board certified plastic surgeon, as all surgeons have their own post operative instructions. Best of luck.

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question. I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon