Is it safe if I rub my hair hard after 1 year hair transplant?

I had my hair transplant 1 year a ago. Today i had hair cut and shampoo. The lady who shampoo my hair she rubs and massages my head so hard. Is it safe? Thank you!

Post transplant

Transplanted hair is considered completely taken after the first week. At one year it is behaving exactly like your native hair and you can do what you like with your hair.

Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

It is safe to rub your head one year after a hair transplant surgery. It is more of a wonder what you were doing for the last ye

It is safe to rub your head one year after a hair transplant surgery. It is more of a wonder what you were doing for the last year.  Transplanted hair is same as your normal hair.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

1 Year Post-Op

After a year from your surgery you can do whatever you want with those transplanted hairs. As long as it wouldn't affect any other hair, it won't affect the transplanted ones. That is the best part about hair transplants is now you have a full head of hair again and it is your own hair to do with whatever you want. 

Cory Torgerson, MD, PhD, FRCSC
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Regarding safety of shampooing hair with hard rub?

n.hung2452,

It is safe to wash the hair in the shampooing process with normal handling. I would not try to pull the hair out. Since the hair is lathered I do not think she can get a good grip. You can request a little gentleness if you think it is too rough.

Sincerely,

Bernardino A. Arocha, MD

Bernardino Arocha, MD
Houston Hair Restoration Surgeon

Rubing your hair after a hair transplant

Once your hair has grown in, you can do whatever you want to do. Rubbing the hair for the native hair may not be good if it is miniaturized as it will be forced out

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Rub and massage the hairs one year after hair transplant surgery

It's safe to rub and massage the transplanted hair one year after hair transplant surgery. The transplanted hair is as healthy as normal hair. Massage it will not do any harm.

Kwan Jou Chu, MD
Taiwan Hair Restoration Surgeon

Massage to hair transplant 1 year post

Greetings,

No need to worry about what seemed to be a vigorous rub of your transplanted area.  At one year, the grafts are fully incorporated, have a strong blood supply, and are just as strong and resiliant as any of your other hair.  Hope you're loving your results at a year.

Scott K. Thompson, MD
Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon