Best treatment for melasma?

best treatment for melasma

Best Treatment for Melasma NYC

Although I have the Fraxel, Permea, Clear and Brilliant, Tri-Vantage and all of the other lasers that some doctors like for Melasma, I prefer Cosmelan and chemical peels combined with Retinoids and hydroquinones. I have complete clearance after these procedures.  Of course, strict sun avoidance is a must afterwards.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Best Therapy for Melasma in all skin types.

I prefer treating with the Permea laser by Solta. Doing a series of 3-5 treatments once every 4 weeks shows a vast improvement.
It is safe for all skin types, because it is a 1927nm fractionated Diode.
Also, as with every patinet, we like to pre and psot trreat using the ZO line by Dr. Zein Obagi; Melamin daily in the AM, and Melamix mixed with Retin-A in the PM to suppress your melanocytes and blend your skin tone together.
This can be used for 5 months MAX and then you'll need to change to a non-hydroquinone product to prevent rebound pigmentation.

Good luck to you!!

#melasma #BrownSpots #permea

Best treatment for Melasma?

I really like the Permea laser by Solta. Doing a series of 3-5 once every 4 weeks shows a vast improvement. It is safe for all skin types, as its a 1927nm fractionated Diode. Also, using ZO Melamin daily in the AM, and Melamix mixed with Retin-A in the PM will help to suppress your melanocytes and blend your skin tone together. This can be used for 5 months MAX and then you'll need to change to a non-hydroquinone product to prevent rebound pigmentation.

I hope this helps!

#melasma   #BrownSpots   #permea

Treatment for Melasma

There is no one best treatment for melasma per say.  It depends on the severity and depth of melasma, skin color of the patient, and make take a combination of office treatment, skin lightener, and sunscreen for improvement.

It is important to consult with an experienced doctor to put the best protocol for you for treatment. One thing you should definitely avoid if you have melasma is office treatments that produce heat, i.e. IPL, hot saunas, and sun.

You may also want to consider beginning with a 4% hydroquinone skin lightener for short term to help lighten the skin as well as prepare it for any office treatment you may receive. Some effective ones on the market are by Obagi.

David P. Melamed, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologist

Melasma and Sun Spots -- Best Treamtent Is Clear + Brilliant / Fraxel 1927 with Microneedling PRP, Pro Yellow is Useful

I suggest a formal consultation to evaluate your melasma and see what treatments are best.  there are many options but the best are low energy low density combined with skin care.  Best, Dr. Emer.

The best treatment for melasma..

The best treatment for melasma.. there is no best treatment. You must wear sunblock all the time and you must reapply it. There are many products that are topical including TNS, Sledgehammer, Lytera, and Sente Dermal Repair. These products truly do help to eve skin tone. In addition, they help with texture of the skin and hydration. Fraxel and chemical peels do help and you need to certified dermatologist.

Jeanine B. Downie, MD
Montclair Dermatologic Surgeon

Multiple methods to treat melasma

Melasma is one of the more difficult conditions to treat. This is because your skin is extremely sensitive to UV and even the smallest amount can stimulate your pigment cells to produce colour. The mainstay of treatment is strict UV protection- hats, sunglasses and SPF every 4 hours.

I prefer to use a combination of creams and laser for melasma. Hydroquinone can be used (5-8%), along with vitamin A creams. I usually start my patients on laser (low dose Q switch or Picosure) a few weeks after they commence on creams.

In some cases I combine glycolic AHA peels, and in other cases I use a tablet called Tranexamic acid to help.

More information in the video link below.

Dr Davin Lim
Laser, surgical and aesthetic dermatologist
Brisbane, Australia

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist