Light headed and extreme pain when I attempt to stand or walk after extended tummy tuck and lower back look?

I am trying to get out of bed to walk, but I feel so lightheaded and the pain is intense. I am on Percocet 5-325 and am taking 2 every 4 fours.

Pain after a tummy tuck

Thank you for the question. It is difficult to fully assess your situation without an in-person exam. Many factors need to be considered in order to answer your question. How long ago did you have this procedure done? As a major surgery, a tummy tuck involves a loss of blood that could explain your light-headedness shortly after the procedure. However, it'd be unusual to feel dizziness and pain months after the procedure. You should alert your surgeon to these concerns right away.  An in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon would be the best way to assess your needs and obtain a reliable medical advice. Best of luck! Dr. Michael Omidi.

Lightheaded after TT

If you just had the surgery a few days ago, you may well be dehydrated and need more fluids. The dose of narcotics that frequently in a dehydrated patient can drop the blood pressure on standing. Try drinking a quart of water then standing and see if you still have symptoms. If so, call your doctor or go the the ER

Robert V. Mandraccia, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Light headed

thank you for your question.  If you have extreme pain and lightheadedness I recommend calling your surgeon as soon as possible. If you cannot get a hold of your physician  I recommend going to the emergency room. I think you need to be evaluated by a physician.

Johnny Shea-Yuan Chung, MD, FACS
Allentown Plastic Surgeon

Lighthead with pain

Thank you for your question.  I would recommend calling your surgeon.  If you can't get in touch with them you should have someone take you to the ER.  Some pain and discomfort are normal but extreme pain and lightheadedness could be a sign of a medical problem.Best Wishes!

Jamie Moenster, DO
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Light headed and extreme pain

If you are having that problem, it can be from blood loss. You need to call your surgeon immediately.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD