I wanted to get some opinions on my breast lift and fullness options? (Photos)

I feel I have level 2 or 3 ptosis, what are your thoughts.I have been overwheight my entire life and recently drop 30+ lbs.My breasts have been through so much with fluctuating wheight.I have been seriously considering a breast lift and fat transfer as I do not want implants. I am not interested in the T and Lollipop procedures because of the severe scarring, wanted to know if a crescent or donut lift could be an option.The black tape shows the level of lift I would find reasonable if possible.

I wanted to get some opinions on my breast lift and fullness options?

Thank you for your question and photos.  Congratulations on your weight loss.  Unfortunately you will need a breast lift with a vertical component, most likely an anchor left to create a proper breast appearance.  The donut of the nipple areola that you need. type of left simply will not give you the elevation. To understand more please read below:

Only a vertical or anchor lift would be adequate to generate that level of lift as depicted in your pictures.

Hello Dear, thank you so much for your questions and pictures.

According with your pictures you would be an excellent candidate for Breas lift with implants, this surgical procedure is used for decrease the size of the breast, by the removal of fat, tissue breast and skin, making them more small, light and firm. You can also reduce thesize of the areola. Also if you want to make your breast look more firm and less falls, but want to keepthe volume can opt for the placement of breast implants.

I do not recommend fat transfer to breast, this may cause cancer, according with studies. 

Hope hear from you soon, best wishes!!

Ramon Morales, MD

Find the treatment for you!

Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another. 
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a  Breast Augmentation

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. You will have very good results getting breast lift with silicone implants, you will get the fulness and volume that you always wanted, consult with your board certified plastic surgeon your options! Good luck!

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Breast Lift Procedure

A mastopexy or breast lift operation is designed to improve the shape and position of the breast without reducing their size. It is used for breasts which sag or droop (ptosis). Sagging of the breasts may occur with normal development for some women, or as part of the aging process. Pregnancy, breast-feeding and weight loss are other conditions which increase breast ptosis. Some patients will have a better shape to their breast such as increased superior fullness if an implant is used at the time of mastopexy. The procedure can also be combined with a minor breast reduction to reduce the breast width if desired. The surgery will create an elevated, more youthful breast contour. Also, the procedure will create nipple and areolae of the desired size and at the correct height.

I prefer to  use a #shortscar technique, #LollipopScar or #DonutLift” rather than the majority of surgeons in the United States that use an anchor pattern lift which involve more significant scarring. There are many procedural options, but they will be told differently by each surgeon with whom you have a consultation. Make sure that you agree with any options or decisions made by your surgeon so that you can have the results you desire in the end.

Breast lift and fullness with no scars or implants. After weight loss.

Well it is not easy task you ask to perform, but here is the situation and possible solution. You do have some breast volume. Sufficient enough for most situations, but still your waist need to be reduced to get correct and nice Breast/Waist/Hips ratio. You have excess skin and low nipple's positions as well. You can't avoid scars completely since you need to cut excess of the stretched skin and elevate the nipples but you probably can avoid vertical "lollipop" element of incisions and get thing done with only around areola ("donut)" and inframammary fold incisions. It is so called "horizontal breast reduction" and was first developed around 90 years ago in France and it is still sometime used now. It is rarely used because results in somewhat plane not conical breast shape but if nipple projection is not an issue for you comparing with your desire to avoid vertical scars and you can find good Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who performs such a procedure on regular basis it could be an option for you. However keep in mind that these procedures tends to be more expensive than a regular ones as well, because there are fewer surgeons familiar with them now.

Best wishes 

Andrey Shakhov, M.D.

Andrey Shakhov, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Wants a breast lift and fullness but no scars or implants- is it possible?

And thank you for your question.  That's great news on the weight loss!

No, a crescent or donut lift are not great choices for accomplishing your goals.

More immediate issues for you to consider:

1.  Are you at your goal weight or do you have more to lose?

2.  Any plans for kids or breast feeding?

If you have more weight to lose and may want kids in the near future, might be a good idea to hold off on any surgery until you are at your true baseline.

3.  it looks like you presently have a nice volume of breast tissue- if your skin were tailored to accomplish the lift, you may be perfectly happy with your look and volume.  In which case, why add an implant to the mix?  I mention this based on your picture with the tape.

The most important thing you can do for yourself at this time is get to your goal weight and set up an appt with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.  You would greatly benefit from having an explanation of the incisions and procedure that will realistically meet your expectations, and to have a greater grasp on what actually is realistic.

Good luck!

In good health,

Ellen Mahony, MD

Ellen A. Mahony, MD
Westport Plastic Surgeon

Dr Kayser

Thank you for your question. I can certainly understand your concerns for any approach that would leave scars on your breast, however, the type of approach that you are hoping for would leave you with excess gathering around the areola and also flattening of the breast. I would not recommend this approach in your case. The vertical scar component of a breast lift brings the same color skin together so that over time, the quality of this scar is very acceptable. Should you not want any scar at all, you can place fat in patients who do not desire a lift. This would enhance your volume but would not change the position of your breasts. Please view the video attached to this commentary for further information on my website. In any case, I would certainly to seek out a board-certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in these various approaches to breast surgery. I hope this helps and have a great day. Dr. Kayser - Detroit

Melek Kayser, MD
Detroit Plastic Surgeon

Mastopexy

Don't be another casualty on Realself.com by allowing an incompetent surgeon perform a crescent or donut mastopexy on you. Not only will the scars be more noticeable than a proper mastopexy, the resulting deformity and loss of skin from the wrong places may make the fix impossible. You have grade III ptosis to be sure, and you are not a candidate for anything other than full mastopexy. Go visit a few ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons that specialize in cosmetic breast surgery. 

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS