Are there any 1 day post Cryolipolysis side effects? (photo)

I had two treatments on my lower belly yesterday, using a cryo machine that was maybe an off brand, and there is no redness or numbness, the area feels completely normal (the small bruise was there before). If the procedure worked would there be some pain or bruising or numbness etc?

1 day post cryoliplysis procedure

It is possible that you could have no bruising after the procedure. Generally there is some numbness that occurs in the immediate post procedure period but this varies. CoolSculpting by Zeltiq is the only FDA approved cryolipolysis procedure. If you had a knock-off procedure your results will likely not be equivalent. 

Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Fake Coolsculpting

Only Coolsculpting FDA is approved for freezing the fat in a given area.  I have no idea what machine was used and what if any results you can anticipate. I would be wary of "bargains" that are "too good to be true". Best, Dr. Green

Be wary of imposters

Imposter devices should not be used as these have not been verified for effectiveness or side effects.  There is no way to know if you will have results or a bad outcome.  Often, trying to save a little money will cost you a lot more in the future.  Best of luck.

Kyle Coleman, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon

Cryolipolysis

Hi Rsjo, Generally following the Coolsculpting procedure a patient will experience some mild side effects, numbness, tenderness, and bruising will a possibility of some pain in the treated area.  Any non Coolsculpting device is not FDA cleared or a legal device to be used as Coolsculpting owns the rights to Cryolipolysis. I would be very cautious having any procedure performed by a facility of this nature

Mike Majmundar, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Side Effects from CoolSculpting (Cryolipolysis)

Thank you very much for your question and congratulations on your recent CoolSculpting procedure. The most common side-effects following CoolSculpting will include redness, tenderness, and bruising. During the first 24 hours, numbness is also common. Your individual recovery period, however, will depend on your personal medical history, physical condition, and genetics. If your procedure was not Zeltiq’s CoolSculpting, your post-op period may not be the same. Please contact your plastic surgeon with any questions or concerns that you may still have.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

Coolsculpting

Coolsculpting is an excellent form of non-invasive  fat reduction for the right patient. Some applicators take 1 or 2 hours but the new advantage applicators take only 35 minutes and have significantly less risk for delayed onset pain (especially in the abdomen). Results are seen at 2 months and typically 1-3 treatments will be necessary on each area to achieve ideal results. The number of treatments depends on the amount of fat there and the patient's goals.  There is not downtime and the results can be impressive in the right patient.  We also use the Zimmer Z-wave for improved patient comfort and added results. The best candidates are those who are in pretty good shape with areas of stubborn fat that won't go away no matter what. It is important to use FDA approved technology. It is safer and studies have been done to make sure the procedure is effective.

My best,

Sheila Nazarian, MD, MMM

Beverly Hills, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Side effects

Discomfort following Cool Sculpting is not an indicator if it worked or is going to do so at the 90 day mark. However what concerns me is that you may not have a safe device. Zeltiq and CoolSculpting brand is the only device I would recommend. You may have wasted your time and money, just always be careful of places that offer something too good to be true. Always go to a board certified practice. Best of Luck

Robert Heck, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Get the real deal, look for a True Coolsculpting machine and a true Plastic surgeon

Seems unbelievable that there are physicians that would market and deliver treatments with machines which are not tested or approved by the FDA. Seeking out a board certified plastic surgeon to guide you through your non invasive body contouring journey gives you the peace of mind knowing that you have physicians treating you who are not only well trained but have the experience and resources to address your concerns.

Looks normal after cryolipolysis

In the US, anything but Coolsculpting is illegal for killing fat with cold therapy. I have no idea what was done and can't tell you if you will have a result. No side effects is possible with Coolsculpting too and that doesn't mean that results are compromised.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

See an Expert for Best Results: Coolsculpting, Thermage, Vanquish, Venus Legacy

I'm not sure what machine you used, but the approved device is Coolsculpting. Coolsculpting can cause bruising, swelling, and inflammation that can last a few weeks, but not always. For best results, I recommend Coolsculpting in combination with radiofrequency treatments such as Thermage, Vanquish, Venus Legacy with Z wave/Cellutone in order to maximize results. If you're looking for more definition and contour, I recommend hi definition body shaping.  Best, Dr. Emer.