Are there any 1 day post Cryolipolysis side effects? (photo)

I had two treatments on my lower belly yesterday, using a cryo machine that was maybe an off brand, and there is no redness or numbness, the area feels completely normal (the small bruise was there before). If the procedure worked would there be some pain or bruising or numbness etc?

1 day post cryoliplysis procedure

It is possible that you could have no bruising after the procedure. Generally there is some numbness that occurs in the immediate post procedure period but this varies. CoolSculpting by Zeltiq is the only FDA approved cryolipolysis procedure. If you had a knock-off procedure your results will likely not be equivalent. 

Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Fake Coolsculpting

Only Coolsculpting FDA is approved for freezing the fat in a given area.  I have no idea what machine was used and what if any results you can anticipate. I would be wary of "bargains" that are "too good to be true". Best, Dr. Green

Be wary of imposters

Imposter devices should not be used as these have not been verified for effectiveness or side effects.  There is no way to know if you will have results or a bad outcome.  Often, trying to save a little money will cost you a lot more in the future.  Best of luck.

Kyle Coleman, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon

Side effects

Discomfort following Cool Sculpting is not an indicator if it worked or is going to do so at the 90 day mark. However what concerns me is that you may not have a safe device. Zeltiq and CoolSculpting brand is the only device I would recommend. You may have wasted your time and money, just always be careful of places that offer something too good to be true. Always go to a board certified practice. Best of Luck

Robert Heck, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Get the real deal, look for a True Coolsculpting machine and a true Plastic surgeon

Seems unbelievable that there are physicians that would market and deliver treatments with machines which are not tested or approved by the FDA. Seeking out a board certified plastic surgeon to guide you through your non invasive body contouring journey gives you the peace of mind knowing that you have physicians treating you who are not only well trained but have the experience and resources to address your concerns.

Looks normal after cryolipolysis

In the US, anything but Coolsculpting is illegal for killing fat with cold therapy. I have no idea what was done and can't tell you if you will have a result. No side effects is possible with Coolsculpting too and that doesn't mean that results are compromised.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

See an Expert for Best Results: Coolsculpting, Thermage, Vanquish, Venus Legacy

I'm not sure what machine you used, but the approved device is Coolsculpting. Coolsculpting can cause bruising, swelling, and inflammation that can last a few weeks, but not always. For best results, I recommend Coolsculpting in combination with radiofrequency treatments such as Thermage, Vanquish, Venus Legacy with Z wave/Cellutone in order to maximize results. If you're looking for more definition and contour, I recommend hi definition body shaping.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Cryolipolysis side effects one day after treatment

It is a bit difficult to answer your question without knowing exactly which machine was used for the cryolipolysis treatment to your abdomen. The FDA-approved device is CoolSculpting by Zeltiq. When CoolSculpting is performed, there normally is some temporary numbness to the treated areas that can last for several weeks.  Redness can occur but frequently is gone by the next day. Most people do not experience pain after the procedure, but there are a small percentage of people who can develop a pins and needles type of pain after treatment to the abdomen. I would recommend contacting the office where you were treated to determine which device was used for your procedure.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon