Should I continue to wear a sports bra and band and for how long? (Photo)

I am 3days post opand my breast are very high with 600cc on my left 650cc on my right. My breast is very hard, high implant, warm to the touch, left breast is numb under the nipple. There is loose skin under both the breast. I been wearing a band every day as well as a sports bra. I had my operation done in Florida and I'm back in Tucson with lots of questions and concerns.

Should I continue to wear a sports bra and band and for how long?

Probably best for you to contact your operating surgeon since he or she will be able to best explain whatever you are experiencing based upon the technique that he or she utilized to perform your breast augmentation. Hope this helps!

Thank you for your question and photograph, and it appears that you will have a very nice result. After placement of implants, the overall appearance of the breasts will change dramatically over the next several months, as the implants drop, and the overlying tissue stretches to accommodate the extra volume. In your case the swelling from surgery is flattening your implants and holding them high on your chest.  As your tissue swelling resolves, the volume within the implant will redistribute towards the lower portion of your breast achieving a more natural appearance.   I know waiting is difficult, but judge your results at 4-6 months after surgery as most of your breast changes should have occurred by then. Hope this helps.

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question. I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

There is no “standard” when it comes to the use of specific bras or garments after breast surgery. In other words, different plastic surgeons may have different practices when it comes to postoperative dressings/bras. Therefore, best to check with your plastic surgeon.  
For example, in my practice, patients wake up with a surgical bra in place.  This surgical bra,  although not attractive, is supportive and used for about one month after surgery (some of my patients have been known to burn the bra ASAP). Then, patients transition to a soft sports bra. Wired bras are used when breast implants have reached their “final position” and patients have full sensation along the breast skin.   Best wishes