What can be done about the Botox and Juvederm that is 8 wks old? Pics below are 1 yr 7 months before.

I had Botox & Juvederm 8weeks ago. The Juvederm was the Ultra was told it would last a year. Had it on upper lip & marionette lines. It's gone and stretched out the difference between my nose & upper lip. Had a slight difference before bit nothing like this. I can't see well, my headaches are every day and sometimes so bad my vision is so bad everything is blurred. Please help. Angry & old looking not to mention deformed. I will not go out of the house.

Changes with aging

Photos that are taken at close range distort the image and do not provide an adequate picture to assess. Botox and fillers do not cause the symptoms you are having. I would recommend seeing your primary care physician and an ophthalmologist to address the visual symptoms and headaches first. At some point in the aging process, fillers and Botox may not give enough lift and wrinkle reduction - other options may be better for you. Please see your PCP and eye doctor first. Best regards.

Charlottesville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Fillers and Botox

Hi there Laura, I agree with you the filler does look like it stretched the difference between your nose and upper lip, however your pics on the left and right look very different from each other, we would need to see a picture with the same facial expression as the pic on the right, but right before your procedure. The symptoms of headaches and bad vision are not common side effects of fillers and botox, I would go to your original injector to discuss, perhaps there is another underlying cause for your symptoms.

Justin Harper, MD
Columbus Physician

Post fillers and botox

Thank you for your question.  You need to see your practitioner who performed your injections. When HA fillers and botox are absorbed, the skin returns to normal,  it does not get stretched out. Additionally they do not cause the symptoms you are talking about. Your before and after pictures are too different to really get an accurate idea of the results, but in the post op you do appear to have a significant amount of volume loss. Return to your injector and let them take a look.

Rejuvenation

Hello, and thanks for your question. The symptoms you are describing would be very unusual for Botox and Juvederm injections, especially 8 weeks out. I recommend discussing these symptoms with your physician. From the provided photo I see volume loss in your cheeks and temples, and this is resulting in accentuation of the lines in the lower 1/3 of your face. Hyaluronic acid fillers can be used to build structure, replace lost volume, and lift the tissue below. In order to determine the best treatment plan for you, I recommend an in-person consultation with a well-trained dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.   

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm and Botox made me look worse?

Immediate before and after pictures in the same pose are needed. When filler is absorbed, you go back to the original state the skin was in. It doesn't cause the skin to stretch. HA's and blurred vision are most likely unrelated. I would see your original injector and an internist to sort things out. The "after" picture looks extremely volume depleted. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Not happy with fillers and botox

I'm sorry you're disappointed with your recent injectables. From your pics, it looks like you have gone through the classic "deflation" of facial tissue since 2014. This is very common. I believe setting expectations properly is the key to successful cosmetic surgery. Injectables are a terrific adjunct to any practice, but they can only do so much. In the end, surgery is what is required to truly correct the signs of aging. Based on your photos, it looks like you need an upper blepharoplasty with (or without) a brow lift. Injectables may help add volume to your cheeks and nasolabial folds, but a facelift would be best. I recommend returning to your plastic surgeon to discuss these options. I wish you the best!

Arnold Almonte, DO
Roseville Plastic Surgeon