Is my belly button infected? (photos)

16 days post op tummy tuck. My PS had to repair 2 umbilical hernias. When I ask about my belly button to him and the nurses they say it's standard healing. It has discharge and and odor.

Belly button

Thank you for your question and photo.  It appears that some of the skin around the belly button has died.  This is not uncommon with tummy tuck and hernia repair at the same time.  Typically this will heal and look ok over time.  Follow up closely with your plastic surgeon to monitor the progress.Best Wishes!

Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Belly button necrosis

Hello aznative44, you have a wound healing problem with your belly button however it is not a serious one. Your PS will take care of it I believe. It usually takes some weeks to heal completely. Good luck.

Ege Ozgentas, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Belly button

Thank you for your question. Look like you have healing issues to belly button. You need to see your PS for local wound care. If it has discharge with odor minor debridement in the office may be needed and possible start of antibiotics.