40, male, Arizona. I'm interested in a male breast reduction. What's the best type of lipo?

I'm interested in male breast reduction (likely (?) gynecomastia) as well as lipo. I've read about several types of liposuction but am still clueless as to what would be the best type. I've spent my entire teen & adult life hiding in long sleeves & covering up. Lost about 20 lbs recently & believe the remainder is seemingly recalcitrant to diet/exercise. Interested in certified surgeon who has great experience/results with males & cost differences between PHX area/Tucson for starts. Pics later.

Gynecomastia Tucson Arizona

How should I choose a surgeon?
Choose carefully. The decision is yours. Advice to assist in making your selection.Only a board certified plastic surgeon
1. Experience matters. Choosing a surgeon increases the likelihood that they have seen a case similar to yours in the past. Selecting a surgeon whose practice is focused on gynecomastia exclusively is also an indicator of experience.
2. Results matter. The more before-and-after pictures, the better. Pay attention whether the surgeon is confident enough to show multiple angles of the same patient.
3.Only gynecomastia Reviews matter.
4. Expertise matters. Is your surgeon recognized by the profession as an authority in the field? Have they authored books or medical journal articles regarding your surgery?
Be realistic about your expectations. Also, revision surgery tends to be significantly more difficult than initial surgery.

Gynecomastia Surgery Options

Hi james_k,

Thanks for the post. True gynecomastia can only be predictably and accurately treat with excision. Liposuction, regardless of the type of liposuction employed (vaser, power-assisted, smart-lipo, etc.) will not treat the breast tissue that comprises the puffy look, especially under the areola. This tissue is firm and quite different in consistency to even thick fatty tissue. 
Liposuction does have its place in contouring and feathering the chest so the transitions from the upper to lower and from inner to outer chest are smooth.
The fact that you have recently lost 20 lbs is good as it will decrease the amount of fatty excess in your chest. It will be important to assess the skin tone in your case to see how well it will retract.
I treat many out of state patients and with modern technology, initial consultations can easily be performed long distance. However, nothing can replace an in person physical examination. 

Sincerely,

Dr. Dadvand

Babak Dadvand, MD

Which laser lipo for gynecomastia? Vaser vaser vaser+ excision!!

Male breast tissue is super thick- I absolutely love the VASER for this. I actually purchased a different laser lipo but I rent a vaser JUST for these cases as the others won't do the job! I put the scars at the nipple edge and under the arm so you will not have easily visible scars (I hate the under breast crease one on men). Finally, almost ALL men have a wad of dense and solid tissue right under the nipple that I end up excising through a nipple (really a curved lower areola) incision. This makes the area perfectly flat and avoided a firm bump under the nipple when you are done.

Lisa Cassileth, MD, FACS

Gynecomastia Surgery Techniques and Costs

There are three types of surgical treatment options available that treat gynecomastia. The doctor will recommend the one that is best suited to each individual case. The excision technique is used on cases of #gynecomastia where excess skin and glandular breast tissue must be removed and the areola or nipple needs reduction and repositioning to create a natural looking appearance. The incision patterns are determined by the specific condition of the patient. The doctor will recommend this procedure which combines the liposuction technique and excision technique to create a natural look. Patients are given specific instructions for the recovery period.
Men who suffer from large #areolas may notice that after breast surgery, the skin of the chest muscles will tighten, causing the areolas to tighten and diminish in size. This is a result of the removal of glandular and/or adipose tissue.

#Surgery quotes should include the procedure itself, operating room facilities, anesthesia fees, surgeon’s fees, medical tests, post-surgery garments, prescription medication and other related costs. Most plastic surgery offices offer convenient finance plans that allow patients to pay a low monthly payment. Costs will also vary with geographic location. Estimated costs can be found here on RealSelf.com, PlasticSurgery.org or Surgery.org.

Lastly, it is crucial you select a plastic surgeon who is #board-certified and has a great deal of experience with male breast #reduction. Plastic surgeons who have specialized in breast surgery and cosmetic surgery are suitable to perform your procedure. Aside from checking board-certification, it is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Best type of lipo for gynecomastia surgery

You are right there are different types of liposuction, however the most important thing you want to look for is the experience of the surgeon. Besides being Board Certified in Plastic Surgery, you want a surgeon with extensive experience and expertise with gynecomastia. Unless you have what is referred to as pseudogynecomastia, almost all male breast reduction cases require surgical excision of breast tissue along with liposuction for sculpting of the chest. About 40% of my gynecomastia practice is redo cases where male breast reduction was attempted by liposuction alone by another surgeon. When choosing your surgeon, be sure to see many before and after pictures so you can see what type of results you can expect. Good luck!

Miguel Delgado, MD

Lipo

You need to have a consultation to determine what your options are. Ultrasonic assisted liposuction can be a great way to treat gynecomastia.