Do I have tuberous or constricted breasts? I was told NOT tuberous, but yes constricted. Thoughts? (photos)

I got implants in 2011. I never knew my natural breasts were "deformed" until my surgeon told me my breasts were constricted. Now I wonder if they were also tuberous? I care mainly because I might remove my implants. If my breasts are tuberous, I would want to keep them in. If they are constricted, I may also keep them in. I don't want "deformed" breasts. In fact, are they even constricted? Pictures and opinions seem to differ greatly. I just want my breasts to be normal.

Breast shape

Thank you for your question.  Your breasts are neither "deformed" or tuberous.  Try to base your goals on the look that you want and less on semantics.  Good luck.

Breast shape

I do not see anything specifically suggestive of either term  in your case.  The choice of having them removed is up to you.  

Do I have tuberous or constricted breasts? Breast implant removal surgery concerns.

No, I do not think that you started out with any "deformity";  I would suggest that you do not get too hung up on semantics but focus more on  your personal goals and whether you think you will be happy with breast size/shape if you undergo breast implant removal surgery.

Generally speaking, what your breasts will look like after explantation depends on several factors such as: the quality of skin elasticity (the better the elasticity the better the skin will bounce back), the size of the implants used (the larger the implant the more trouble you may have with redundant skin), and the amount of breast tissue present at this time (which may have changed since the time of your breast augmentation).

Life experience since your breast augmentation procedure, such as pregnancy or weight gain weight loss, will potentially influence the factors discussed above. If you take these factors into consideration and apply them to your specific circumstances you may get a good idea of what to expect after the implants are removed.

Patience is definitely indicated after removal of breast implants; it will take many months for the skin to “bounce back” and for you to see the final appearance of the breasts.

Consulting with  well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons in person may be helpful.  The attached link may be helpful to you as well.

Tuberous breasts

I would not classify your breasts as tuberous at all.  You have some mild constriction on the bottom, but not much at all.  If you elect to remove the implants, unfortunately there is no way to tell how the breasts are going to look afterwards.  You should make that decision based on the size of your breasts:  If you just cannot live with them at a larger size, then take that step to remove them and be at peace with your decision.  After surgery the breasts go through a lot of changes and always look better a few weeks later than they do right after surgery.  Additional modifications to the breast can also be done later on with fat grafting.

Allen M. Doezie, MD

With implants, the breasts are stretched and some no longer remain constricted or tuberous. Your surgeon might had also done some internal work to expand you breasts. Your breasts are still small. Should you elect to remove your implants, you might consider a fat transfer if you have any available donor fat.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon