I Have Tuberous Breasts and Am 17?

Im 17 years old and I really only noticed this last year. I feel really great about myself except for when I see myself in the mirror. I try not to pay attention to them.. but it's really hard. my question is.. How much money would the procedure be to correct my breasts and do you think I have a good chance of having it? please comment!!"

Doctor Answers 4

Tuberous Breasts at 17 and Breast Augmentation

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

    Tuberous breasts can be corrected by a variety of manuevers depending upon size of breasts, amount of herniation, and grade of droop or ptosis.  You will need the consent of your parents and a consultation to determine what is appropriate for you.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Tuberous breasts can be dramatically improved

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

You will need a parent to go with you so that they, and you, can be properly informed legally (assuming you are not an emancipated minor), but yes, tuberous breasts can be significantly improved.  Best to meet with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss.  Best of luck to you.

Tuberous breasts at 17?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

If you truly ahve tuberous breasts, these can be corrected. you will need permission from your parents to go for a consultation. Good luck.

Steven Wallach, MD
New York Plastic Surgeon
4.2 out of 5 stars 30 reviews

You might also like...

I Have Tuberous Breasts and Am 17?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

It is hard to try to answer this with so little information. Best bet is a consultation with a plastic surgeon, who can determine what can help correct this problem and help you attain your goal. If the breasts are smaller than you like, a breast enlargement will likely be suggested. Whatever the size, a breast lift will be part of the correction. You can get an estimate of fees for those procedures in your area on Realself. 

Glad to hear you feel great about yourself. Continue to. All the best. 

Jourdan Gottlieb, MD
Seattle Plastic Surgeon

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.