Will Tuberous Breasts Dramatically Affect Breast Augmentation Cost?

Would a price range from $5,000 to $8,000 be reasonable?

Tuberous breast deformity does increase cost of breast augmentation

You can expect breast augmentation to cost more when you have tuberous breast deformity, because it adds time and complexity to your surgery. It is not your basic breast augmentation, and you want to go to a surgeon who recognizes this. I strongly recommend going to a board certified plastic surgeon who has some experience with augmentation in patients with tuberous breasts.

There are a lot of different factors that need to be addressed in your surgery. In addition to the tuberous breast deformity, the breasts appear different in size, shape, nipple position, and distance from your nipple areola complex to the inframammary fold (crease below the breast). Subtle differences between the breasts now can be more noticable after augmentation, and you want to make sure your surgeon takes these things into account. I do think you can get a great result in the right hands.

If the cost you mention is the total overall cost, it is definitely reasonable, and depending on your area could often be higher. Do not let cost be the main factor, however, because the best chance at a good outcome is optimal technique during your first surgery. Saving money on your surgery won't matter to you if you have a poor outcome, especially if it means you need a second surgery to fix things.

Good luck!

Tuberous breast surgery- augmentation and asymmetry correction

Far more important than getting the fee as low as possible will be selecting a surgeon who is paying as much attention to the appearance of your breasts as Drs. Rand, Aldea and Placik.

Your surgery is not Breast Augmentation 101. It is the graduate course. This is important so that all asymmetries are addressed as fully as possible, and so you have realistic expectations about the outcome of the surgery.

Your breasts are asymmetric now and will be asymmetric after your surgery.

In the right hands, these asymmetries will be minimized and the beauty maximized.

Brent Moelleken, MD

More often than not, augmentation cost for tuberous breasts will change

I agree with my colleagues in that you do exhibit mild tuberous form. Also visible is a size discrepancy between the two breasts.However, even breast augmentations with this form can still present major challenges to your surgeon. Your fee will be based upon your desired level of change, i.e. is your major concern just an augmentation, or is it to change the size of your areolas (pigmented area around the nipple). The operating time will be longer because of your size discrepancy as well. Your surgeon will take more time in adjusting your implant sizes and fixing these subtle physical signs, attempting to achieve the best aesthetic result. More than cost, I would pay attention to your surgeon's experience with similar such complex breast cases.

Jeffrey D. Hoefflin, MD

Tuberous breasts and cost of sugery

The surgery must address all of the anatomical problems including: breast fold malposition, constricted or narrow breast base. Surgical procedures may include the following:

• implant alone,
  • type and shape of implant
  • one or more stages
  • the use of tissue expansion and implants
  • pocket placement
  • placement of incisions
  • breast lift and type
  • correction of the breast base and breast fold,
  • correction of the areola.
  • the use of fat grafting or natural breast enhancement to help shape the breast with or without implants
fees will depend upon what needs to be done and the surgeon and location

Tuberous breast augmentation

I have seen many patients who believe their breasts to be tubular, but have actually misdiagnosed their condition. In many cases, these patients tend to have droopy breasts rather than truly tuberous breasts.

The procedure would involve two things (and possibly three with the areolas are enlarged): releasing the constricted tissue to give the breasts a rounder shape, resizing the areolas if they're too big, and inserting the implants. $5000 would be a little low, so i would say more in the range of $8000 and up with silicone. Lower if you opt for saline.

Tuberous breast correction

This depends on the surgeon, but in Toronto, ON that range appears to be a little too low. You may need to add a couple more thousand for a better estimate.

Will tuberous breasts dramatically affect breast augmentation cost?

Thank you for your question!   If you do truly have tubular/constricted breasts - the standard procedure would be placement of an implant (or tissue expander, depending on the lower pole of your breast) as well as a circumareolar breast lift.  These modalities would correct the issues with tuberous breast: constricted breast at the inferior pole, via breast prosthetic; scoring of the tissue to release the bands; lowering the inframammary fold; correcting the herniation of breast tissue into the areolae; and decreasing the overall size of the areolae.  These are the hallmarks of tuberous breasts.  You could likely get great results with an implant and possible breast lift.

Price of such procedures will certainly vary amongst surgeon as well as geographic location.  However, things to consider are the surgeon fee, cost of implants, facility fee, and anesthesia fee.  Since a deformity as such is more complex than a standard breast augmentation, I would expect a higher cost in general.  I would say that an average of $7-12k (depending on location and type of implant) is more reasonable.

Consult with a plastic surgeon well-versed in breast surgery and discuss your goals and expectations.  S/he will then be able to examine and discuss the various options and assist you in deciding which decision os the right one for you, given your desires.  Hope that this helps!  Best wishes for a wonderful result!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

Cost for correction of tuberous breasts

There are many different forms of tuberous breasts and each will require a different surgical approach. Some can be corrected with a breast augmentation and others require a breast lift. In the Atlanta area a breast augmentation with gel implants would be in the 5 -6 K range, with a breast lift 8 K range.

Tuberous Breast Augmentation - More Costly for most.

Breast Augmentation prices vary greatly because the surgery itself encompasses a wide range of techniques that can be performed to different extents. Tuberous breasts add complexity depending on the severity of your condition and may involve a periareolar lift, areaolar reduction and other reconstructive techniques.I is possible that you may find your price point but what is most important is finding the best plastic surgeon. The price  is probably between the $6,000-$15,000 range. My recommendation is to first find qualified surgeons that are board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery you trust rather than focus on best price point, then compare prices between them. See link on how I would choose the best plastic surgeon. Factors that influence the price include:

1. Location - Will it be performed in a hospital with an overnight stay, an independent out- patient facility or a doctors office? Geographical location also has a significant influence.

2. Type of Anesthesia - IV sedation or General Anesthesia? Will a board certified anesthesiologist or a nurse anesthetist be used, or an RN?

3. Experience and training of your surgeon. The best trained (and longest) would be a surgeon board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

4. Length and Complexity of Surgery - how difficult will your surgery be and how long, etc . Will other procedures also be done like a breast lift, lipo on the sides of your breast/chest wall, etc be also performed

Tuberous Breast Correction Cost

The correction of tuberous breast deformity is much more complicated than a straight forward augmentation. It usually requires a periareolar mastopexy and an exacting release of the lower pole to create a natural breast mound. This generally takes about twice the time and hence increases costs. The more important question is to make sure your plastic surgeon has a great deal of experience with tubular breasts so you can achieve your desired result.

The usual cost for a complete correction of tuberous breasts is typically between $7,500-$9,000 (based on severity and the amount of time needed in the operating room). That said, if less time is needed in the operating room for correction, then total cost would be closer to a straight-forward breast augmentation (which in my practice, ranges from $6,000 to $7,000).

Hope that helps and good luck going forward. - Dr. DeLuca